ADVERTISEMENT

Week 6 Top 10 Rankings

Western pulls off the huge upset and snaps West Sioux’s win streak.
Nobody saw that coming.
DNH likely moves into the top spot with a big 49-0 win tonight.

West Sioux is just to talented for 1a teams. WS by 48+ Western just doesnt have the dogs and wont be able to get to dekkers

Van Meter and Dike are the next teer . They can play. Outside of those 3 i dont think anyone has a shot. jmo

Good call.

West Sioux is good, by this isn't the same West Sioux team of the last 2 years. Their O line will struggle with top tier Defenses. They still have 2 D1 level athletes in Dekkers and Lynott so they will still score, but teams that can cover Lynott and pressure Dekkers can slow them down pretty well. Their Defense is not what it has been so they'll need to outscore teams to make another run.

Insanely tough district. It will be a shame if one is attending a 1st Round game as a spectator.

Honest thoughts of Dike vs Regina? I know many will say Dike has this one with ease but would like to hear details regarding your position. Don't know a ton about DNH's non-district schedule but Regina's was not a cake walk and only loss coming from 3A powerhouse CRX.

Honest thoughts of Dike vs Regina? I know many will say Dike has this one with ease but would like to hear details regarding your position. Don't know a ton about DNH's non-district schedule but Regina's was not a cake walk and only loss coming from 3A powerhouse CRX.

It won’t be easy at all for DNH. Regina has some really nice weapons offensively that DNH won’t have seen all season. I look for another high scoring game like last year. Regina wants to return the favor and win on the road like DNH did to them last year. Should be a great game for the district title.

West Sioux is just to talented for 1a teams. WS by 48+ Western just doesnt have the dogs and wont be able to get to dekkers

Van Meter and Dike are the next teer . They can play. Outside of those 3 i dont think anyone has a shot. jmo
So...anything else? Been waiting.

So...anything else? Been waiting.

Always funny to see when somebody has the guts to make a prediction...and then when they happen to be wrong, all the people who didn't have the guts to make a prediction show up to tell them how wrong they were.

Regina will be fine. Doesn't mean they will win but very well have the potential. Always show up, always perform, are always coached well, and traditionally maximize kids' talent at every position.

Always funny to see when somebody has the guts to make a prediction...and then when they happen to be wrong, all the people who didn't have the guts to make a prediction show up to tell them how wrong they were.
You're right, I didn't have the "guts" to make a prediction. Didn't know it took "guts" to make a lame prediction on a HS football game. It isn't that he made a prediction, but mainly the fact that he was basically bashing WC and saying 48+ for West Sioux.

You're right, I didn't have the "guts" to make a prediction. Didn't know it took "guts" to make a lame prediction on a HS football game. It isn't that he made a prediction, but mainly the fact that he was basically bashing WC and saying 48+ for West Sioux.

That wasn't an outrageous prediction going into the game. I didn't see a single prediction that expected Western to win or that it would even be that close. Of course, after the game, the experts show up when it's safe to criticize.

i thought it was a solid prediction at the time. i have seen West Sioux play mulpiple times this year and last and they have looked dominant. i saw last weeks game on sioux county radio fun game to watch. im still confident if and when they play again West Sioux will come out on top. Western is better than I thought so it will be close. these two are the top two teams in district 1. Western should finish undefeated and West Sioux should finish with one loss. It will be interesting if they meet again

i thought it was a solid prediction at the time. i have seen West Sioux play mulpiple times this year and last and they have looked dominant. i saw last weeks game on sioux county radio fun game to watch. im still confident if and when they play again West Sioux will come out on top. Western is better than I thought so it will be close. these two are the top two teams in district 1. Western should finish undefeated and West Sioux should finish with one loss. It will be interesting if they meet again

I think West Lyon would like room for a rebuttal. Don’t forget about them.

I think West Lyon would like room for a rebuttal. Don’t forget about them.
who have they played? they are ranked where they are because of teams in the past. this is not a traditional tough talented WL team. i heard from someone up there they are soft and it will show at the end of the year when they see good teams like West Sioux and Western.

who have they played? they are ranked where they are because of teams in the past. this is not a traditional tough talented WL team. i heard from someone up there they are soft and it will show at the end of the year when they see good teams like West Sioux and Western.

I’m just saying they shouldn’t be overlooked.

West Lyon will win the district. Friday's game will be another bad weather game which suits WL much better. Also hearing WS will be down a few players. Expect WL to win by double digits Friday night and take care of business at home vs WC.

West Lyon will win the district. Friday's game will be another bad weather game which suits WL much better. Also hearing WS will be down a few players. Expect WL to win by double digits Friday night and take care of business at home vs WC.

Who is out for West Sioux?

Dekkers and Lynott.....I kid, I kid ;)

I see WL finding a way to get it done in the weather. Cold temps, high winds, and rain/snow mix fits their mentality. No doubt WS has crazy good talent in skill areas, whether people admit it or not they lack on the OL. I don't see WS getting a run game going as WL only gives up 67 a game and a lot of that is in garbage time of big wins. Only way I see WS pulling it off is if they can get their quick screen game going. Not impossible, just not anticipating it. Wish I could make it to the game, it could be a fun one!

For the teams of this list that make the post-season...
Curious in the likelihood of the chances of any having a realistic shot for one or two playoff wins... Somewhat the underdog group
Panorama
ACGC
West Branch
Sigourney-Keota
Pella Christian
Treynor
Underwood
Mediapolis
Others?

IF all these teams make the post-season...
Curious in the likelihood of the chances of any having a realistic shot for two playoff wins... Somewhat the underdog group
Panorama
ACGC
West Branch
Sigourney-Keota
Pella Christian
Treynor
Underwood
Others?

Out of that list I’d say West Branch and SK

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT