ADVERTISEMENT

Watched the Johnny Manziel

BamaFan1137

All District
Nov 5, 2001
Untold thing on Netflix. No idea how I missed it but dude was/is just a straight up addict....be that alcohol or drugs.

I just thought that he was an asshat and a spoiled brat but the "stinking thinking" is undeniable. His next bender will probably kill him.

Reactions: derek_tiger
Yeah, never a good idea to own a bar if you’re an alcoholic. Had a good friend of mine do that about 30 years ago and drank himself to death in less than five.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Untold thing on Netflix. No idea how I missed it but dude was/is just a straight up addict....be that alcohol or drugs.

I just thought that he was an asshat and a spoiled brat but the "stinking thinking" is undeniable. His next bender will probably kill him.
I didn’t know all that but did think he was just a party guy and all about himself.

This board will remember I dead-on-balls accurately predicated him as a bust in the NFL. But what I want to know is how is this not coming back around to aTm? They had to know. And why does he still have his Heisman but Reggie Bush lost his?

I actually watched it last night myself. Some interesting parts, but I thought the movie was poorly put together.

I watched Netflix's Johnny Football and agree with Pops. It was chopped up pretty good. I came away with a verification of my previous view of Manziel. He was a self-centered egotist who had no feelings, or remorse, for those whose lives were affected, and damaged, by his recklessness. A wasted talent.

Agree with all of that. I just think that he was that way because getting fcked up was his #1 priority...over friends, family, football...everything.

I enjoy tying one on sometimes but I can't imagine it being a priority if I was causing the damage that he caused.

Reactions: GwinnettDawg
Agree with all of that. I just think that he was that way because getting fcked up was his #1 priority...over friends, family, football...everything.

I enjoy tying one on sometimes but I can't imagine it being a priority if I was causing the damage that he caused.
The fact that phucktard was in Vegas the night before a game, without any freaking plan of how to get back in time, just shows what a train wreck he intended to be…. Nothing that happened to him was by happenstance; it was all him literally choosing to be an arsehole

I watched Netflix's Johnny Football and agree with Pops. It was chopped up pretty good. I came away with a verification of my previous view of Manziel. He was a self-centered egotist who had no feelings, or remorse, for those whose lives were affected, and damaged, by his recklessness. A wasted talent.
I dont think his talent was wasted. He was a college player. That’s all. He was never going to be successful in the NFL, AS I SAID.

The fact that phucktard was in Vegas the night before a game, without any freaking plan of how to get back in time, just shows what a train wreck he intended to be…. Nothing that happened to him was by happenstance; it was all him literally choosing to be an arsehole
I’ve done that before about 10-12 years ago. Not to his level, but I was partying/entertaining a group one night and had an important meeting the following morning. Said fck it, got more fcked up, stayed up late, and rescheduled the meeting. Lost a ton of business.

Difference in him and me is that was a huge wake up call for me. I don’t believe for one second that he’s changed.

I dont think his talent was wasted. He was a college player. That’s all. He was never going to be successful in the NFL, AS I SAID.

It does make sense that perhaps he realized that his talent wasn't going to be special in the NFL. Once he realized that he said fck it, let's party.

Reactions: Reasoned
He did what he needed to in order to get the payday and that was enough.

He still left $5 to 10mm on the table by not getting picked in the first round. If he had cleaned up his act from the end of his college season until draft day, some stupid team would have taken him in the top 32.

He still left $5 to 10mm on the table by not getting picked in the first round. If he had cleaned up his act from the end of his college season until draft day, some stupid team would have taken him in the top 32.
I had forgotten where he was taken. Thought it was round 1. So yeah he didn’t do just enough cause he could have gotten a much bigger payday.

Haven't watched it, but the conclusion tracks with me. Sad, a wasted talent indeed. He beat the hell out of us one year. I think it was 2012 or 2013. Tried to forget it 🤣

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT