ADVERTISEMENT

Upper Iowa Conference 2012

Three-Way Co-Upper Iowa Conference Champions with South Winn sweeping North Fayette (5-4, 5-4) and Turkey Valley splitting with Kee High (Game 1, Kee-5-----TV-2, Game 2, Kee-1-----TV-12. Congratulations to the teams that split the Upper Iowa Conference Championship this season and the rest of the teams as well!
3dsmile.r191677.gif

Heiderscheit beats Mitchell in a 5-2 duel that saw Kee score 3 in the Top of the 2nd. Then TV answered with 1 run in the bottom that made it 3-2. Kee tacked on 2 more in the 4th and won 5-2.

Kee took a 1-0 lead in the 2nd inning of game to just for TV to tie it in the bottom. TV got 4, 2, and 5 runs in the next 3 innings to win 12-1 over 5 innings. Borroughs(SP) and Cooper pitched for Kee and Busta for TV went all 5 innings. HR's by Schmitt and Milbrandt for TV.

If you had to pick a pitcher for the postseason who would you take?
Jamison Steege SF 5-3 Record 51 2/3IP 37H 30BB 21R(13ER) 63K 1.76ERA
Aaron Hundt MFL 4-4 Record 53IP 38H 26BB 25R(15ER) 95K 1.98ERA
Jordan Rommes SW 4-2 Record 44 1/3IP 29H 37BB 22R(13ER) 47K 2.05ERA
Jordan Schmitt TV 6-1 Record 40 1/3IP 23H 17BB 18R(12ER) 30K 2.08ERA
Matt Heiderscheit Kee 10-2 Record 73 2/3IP 68H 23BB 23ER 66K 2.19ERA
Jared Holien SW 7-2 Record 47 1/3IP 45H 13BB 36K 1.48ERA
Tom Heying NF
Jake Greco NF
Jordan Mitchell TV

You really can't go to wrong with any of these guys but I'd take Heiderscheit. He seems to be a player who can throw well on short rest and has pitched in many big games in his career. Hundt probably has the most dominating stuff of anyone in the conference but he's had arm troubles in the past so you have to be worried about throwing on short rest. Hundt also plays on a team that has been inconsistent and struggled to score runs at times.

I know that Clayton Ridge had three representatives:

First Team - Sophomore Dylan Preston; batted .509 in conference play.

Second Team - Junior Ryan Lucas; batted .404 in conference play.

Honorable mention - Sophomore Colten Connelly 33K's in 35 IP.

Pretty impressive post-season for NF, they really came together and started playing great baseball towards the end of the year. I see Beckman scored all of their 5 runs in the fourth inning last night, all of which appear to have been un-earned. NF put 9 guys on base, but just couldn't bring any of them home in a 5-0 defeat.

NF was playing pretty average baseball for most of the season, I give them credit for stepping it up when it mattered. Hovden once again did a great coaching job to get this team within one bad inning of State.

It's been fun following all of the UIC teams this year, Kee nearly got it done last night... Alot of UIC teams have something to look forward to next year, as alot of younger guys got some valuable experience this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT