ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - December 2nd

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Silas Bales, Kobe Grell, Chase Williamson, Mateo Martinez, Blake Willey, Garrett Morris, and Cade Kuennen.

Glenwood safety Silas Bales
Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I’ve always wanted to play football in college since I was little. I’ve been playing football my whole life and couldn’t imagine life without it. I would love to play at Iowa University or Northwest Missouri State. Their programs really stand out to me.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I have had a couple colleges showing interest, such as Iowa, Northwest Missouri State, North Dakota, and South Dakota State. These colleges have talked to me but nothing too crazy yet.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“North Dakota and Northwest have talked to me the most out of all the schools. They both have some great programs.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I plan on visiting many colleges this year and senior year.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I have always found Iowa very intriguing and plan on taking a visit there.”

Cherokee athlete Kobe Grell
What sport do you want to play in college?
“I would love to play college basketball. I love the atmosphere, and it’s always been a dream of mine.”

“As of now, none, but I hope to turn that around after this season.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I’ve visited Morningside, Iowa, and I’m going to go visit Briar Cliff University.”

“Growing up, I always loved the Hawks. I always watched them play Iowa State, and other in state rivals. It was always fun to watch.”

Mount Pleasant wide receiver Chase Williamson
“Yes, I am hoping I play either football or baseball during college and I hope I stay in the state of Iowa.”

“I have received emails from Cornell and Mount Mercy along with South Dakota State for baseball.”

“I have not made any visits yet, but I will be during the spring.”

“My favorite college teams growing up were Michigan and Iowa.”

Waterloo East linebacker Mateo Martinez
“Yes, football.”

“Smaller schools like Simpson, Wayne State and CSP have been reaching out with the occasional letter or email from some of the bigger programs in the area. I feel like my recruiting is just starting to pick up as the season is coming to an end.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“The few schools I mentioned before, I would say.”

“Yes, I do.”

“Iowa. It’s always been a dream of mine to be a Hawkeye.”

Dallas Center-Grimes linebacker Blake Willey
“I do hope to play football in college and at which ever level I can. I mainly want to focus on school, but I have always dreamed of playing college ball. I also hope to compete in track in college as I’ll be throwing wherever I go if possible.”

“As someone who wants to focus on education, I haven’t had very heavy recruitment. I have just been communicating with local schools and coaches in D3 such as a Central or Simpson. I am still open to checking places out though as I am still 2 years from my first semester on a campus.”

“I personally have gone and visited Buena Vista, Simpson, Central, and Grand View as I hope to stay fairly close to home for my schooling.”

“As someone from Iowa, Iowa has been the lifeblood of my family’s college watching life. I do really believe in loyalty though and would stand behind wherever I would go.”

Dallas Center-Grimes safety Garrett Morris
“I would really like to continue to compete in college in either football or track. I think I could excel in either sport. Obviously, Division one is my number one goal right now and an offer or a scholarship would mean the world to me to get to go play football for 4 more years.”

“I wouldn’t say I have had a whole lot of contact with colleges so far since recruiting doesn’t typically pick up for juniors until winter hits. However, St. Cloud State and I have talked a little and I have gotten email messages from NDSU and Iowa to come and get evaluated to see what I really can do as an athlete.”

“I haven’t made any college visits yet. I want to wait for that first invitation from someone to be able to go and really get a good experience.”

“St. Cloud and I have talked about an opportunity to go on a visit this winter and next football season. I also plan on touring Iowa and Iowa State next fall.”

“Oddly enough, I am a huge Coach Harbaugh fan at Michigan University. I love their program, their tradition, the college format. My dream however was always to play for Iowa State on their team. I had a family friend that played a while ago and seeing him play made me feel like I could get there. I’ve always envisioned myself in the cardinal and gold.”

Johnston defensive end Cade Kuennen
“Yes, I want to play college football.”

“I’ve had Interest from Simpson. Otherwise, I have not been contacted by many schools.”

“Yes, I plan on taking a couple of visits throughout the offseason.”

“The Iowa State Cyclones.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News