ADVERTISEMENT

*****SECOND ROUND PLAYOFF SCOREBOARD*****

N-F on the road either @ Marcus or West Bend Friday night

This post was edited on 11/4 9:23 PM by Hell on Wheels

Northwood 20
Don Bosco 48

Final!!
Good luck.to DB against Springville in thier qtr final game.

congratulations to northwood on a 7-4 season and a 2nd round appearance in playoffs
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Orioles take care of business then put their reserves in the game rather than make it a blow-out. Class act Coaching in Springville.

Originally posted by SICL Cares:
Tip of the cap to Wayne. They played a better game than HLV.
I actually disagree with you there. Wayne outplayed HLV in the fourth quarter, but they were doing just enough to keep it close for a long time. The sweeps to Kiefer that worked against Murray were shut down most of the night, but he finally came up with a back-breaker late in the game. That run, and Lain's 2-point conversion on the previous touchdown, were two of the biggest plays of the game. That and the fumbled snap near midfield. Wayne's reserve DT was really disruptive up front when he went in, enough to make it worth taking a couple penalties. Helluva game on both sides; lots of heart from both teams.

Any word on what happened to Kriegel on his TD run to pull within 6? It looked like an ankle or a foot from Wayne's sideline, but curious to know how serious it was. That play pretty well ended any hopes of a comeback. Just seemed to take all the wind out of HLV's sails.

Originally posted by tm3308:
Originally posted by SICL Cares:
Tip of the cap to Wayne. They played a better game than HLV.
I actually disagree with you there. Wayne outplayed HLV in the fourth quarter, but they were doing just enough to keep it close for a long time. The sweeps to Kiefer that worked against Murray were shut down most of the night, but he finally came up with a back-breaker late in the game. That run, and Lain's 2-point conversion on the previous touchdown, were two of the biggest plays of the game. That and the fumbled snap near midfield. Wayne's reserve DT was really disruptive up front when he went in, enough to make it worth taking a couple penalties. Helluva game on both sides; lots of heart from both teams.

Any word on what happened to Kriegel on his TD run to pull within 6? It looked like an ankle or a foot from Wayne's sideline, but curious to know how serious it was. That play pretty well ended any hopes of a comeback. Just seemed to take all the wind out of HLV's sails.
I was standing right there where the injury to Kriegel happened. His ankle got caught under the defender and I could tell it didn't look good right away. However, he was putting a little bit of weight on it after he got it checked out. Not sure how bad it ended up being though.

I figured that's what happened; he just barely got tripped up inside the five. Sounds like it looked a little worse than it might have really been though.

I have yet to hear about Dalton but I was close to the action as well. I do believe it was his ankle. Felt bad for him, had it not been for his scrambling throughout the night I think HLV was in for a long night.

Watching the Springville game I had a couple of thoughts, first being Nissen is one of the better power running backs I have seen in a few years, he seems to like to run through the defensive player rather than around, and is surprisingly fast once he gets into the open field. Plus even when he fumbled the pitch on the one yard line, he didnt seem to panic, he scooped the ball, seemed to look for a second, then took off and ran the distance for a touchdown.

The one thing I will say is after watching them play several times this year, the secondary seemed to have a hard time covering the Easton recievers during the beginning of the game, but did improve as the game went on. Not sure how the passing game is for Gilbertville.

Springville has a very good kicker.

Should be a good game at Gilbertville.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT