ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Mt. Ayr linebacker/running back Tyler Martin

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
How did the high school football season go overall?
“Overall I feel the high school football season went well. As a team, we really started to get a feel for our potential and had some young guys step up into key positions. Personally I feel that I grew a lot through the season as a player and leader and look forward to improving my performance for my senior year.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“After football season I played basketball and I am now in my travel baseball season. I am also focused on building strength and speed for football next year. I am working out at least twice a day to prepare for baseball while also growing my football skills.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I am really excited about next football season. I think we have a lot of great players coming back as well as guys that work hard throughout the offseason. I think if we can stay committed to working hard throughout the summer then the sky's the limit for us.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“After three years of playing high school football I have learned that the team you face each week is your toughest competition. No team in our district can be taken for granted so we have to prepare at our highest level every week.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“There are many talented players in our district. Just like the teams, no player can be overlooked or taken lightly. My mentality and our team’s mentality is that we are coming after everyone that steps on the field with us.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“Ever since I was little it has been a goal of mine to play sports in college. I have always loved whichever sport I am playing at that moment, but I would like the opportunity to either play baseball or football in college.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I am in the early stages of contacting schools and am excited to see where the process goes.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“N/A.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“N/A.”

Do you have plans for any trips soon?
“N/A.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I grew up in Columbia, Missouri so I have always been a Mizzou fan.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News