ADVERTISEMENT

Playoff Scoreboard - 10/30

That's funny bcc32. I'm by no means a player. I've just seen them first hand a few times this year and over the last couple years. As clean as they come? You sure you aren't watching pee-wee football somewhere? Cheap shots, poor sportsmanship, ignorant players and coaches. But oh well, it's been that way for some time up there. Coaches and parents sure are good role models for the players....haha.

The best player on Murray was Andrew Rider and checking stats all year I can't believe how unitized he was! Kid works his tail off and is rewarded with the coach playing favoritism. He should've touched the ball NONSTOP in the Wayne game...

Rider actually had a bigger game in terms of rushing yards than Nerness, but it really didn't seem that way because he wasn't breaking off a lot of long runs or scoring. Nerness was the guy with the hot hand for Murray in the first round (dude averaged just over 13 ypc). Rider is definitely a star; I saw him play three different times this year (both Wayne games and Adair-Casey) and he is one of the two or three most entertaining players I've seen this year, regardless of class. Great vision, blazing speed and he's a lot more physical than you'd expect when you look at him. He surprised me the first couple times he popped defenders and ran them over. But Wayne actually did a decent job of containing him in the playoff game; didn't let him bust loose for big scores other than the one kick return.

Keith shields doesn't play the favoritism card. The guy is a class act. But I can't answer why rider didn't get the ball about every play. He's very explosive with great vision and when he gets in the open there isn't anybody that's going to catch him. I'm knocking nerness I'm just saying that rider IMO is the better running back.

I am wondering how this conversation went this way. But since it did a few facts. Without Nerness playing fullback this year Rider would not have had this big of a year. As far as when Nerness did line up at tailback this year he averaged almost14 yards a carry. He was the one playing with emotion for Murray 1st round. What baffles me he had no touches in the 4th quarter of the game. This was a physical game which suited Nerness just fine. On several plays he broke several tackles. During track Nerness was faster all season. If anybody was underused it was him on offense. As far as a better running back I guess the only way to tell is if Nerness could block for Nerness,

Right, because that's an automatic indicator. Both players are damn good. Apparently there's no way to keep everyone happy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT