North Linn @ West Branch
Regina @ Mediapolis

Bracket C:

Panorama @ DNH
West Lyon @ Osage

Bracket D

Underwood @ West Sioux
Western Christian @ Treynor

*Thoughts on these brackets? Who makes it to the dome as the final four?

Mepo is a really good quality team and will serve as a very tough test for Regina. I’d really like to see WB and Regina battle for a spot at the dome. I don’t see the Bears having much trouble with North Linn. Regina and Mepo will be a gritty game and may come down to a field goal.

I'd say West Sioux, Dike NH, Van Meter, and West Branch.

West Sioux v WB
DNH vs VM

DNH v WS

DNH gets revenge from 2018 and wins the 1A title

What brutal travel West Lyon is likely going to have. 3.5 hours to Osage and 4+ to Dike.

Number 5 in the RPI, too. Going to put some miles on the bus. I guess you could say win your district and then you won’t travel, but they played in the best district in the class. I don’t expect their game vs Osage to be close at all.

Reactions: NI hawk
WB was 5 in 2018 and traveled 3 hr to Osage and 2.5 to Van Meter.

It's the curse of being a 5 seed, evidently

West Lyon could do some damage. Coach Jay has been down this road before

Osage in back to back seasons hosting the 5 seed and both very tough teams at that. I see the same fate for them next Friday vs West Lyon as it was last year vs West Branch. But, at least they get to host.

WB...looks like the association made it up to you this year. By far the easiest bracket with the #11, 13, and 14 seeds only standing in your way to the dome.

Reactions: Pinehawk
After seeing West Sioux, Western Christian and West Lyon all play I came away that West Lyon was the best team from the group with the best D and 2nd best offense. West Sioux was close behind based on their big play ability and best offense and #3 defense of the grouping. I think West Sioux has to feel happy about not having another go around with West Lyon out on the grass and they should easily make it to the dome where their style of play will be at it's best. Looks like a lot of good match ups ahead.

As a former Bear, fan and supporter of WB. I will tell you this. Those picking against Regina vs Mepo don’t understand. Regina will be one of the most prepared teams come Friday night, their coaching staff is 2nd none and do a very good job scouting and paying attention to details. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Regina win by 14-17.

Reactions: WBBearsFollower
As a former Bear, fan and supporter of WB. I will tell you this. Those picking against Regina vs Mepo don’t understand. Regina will be one of the most prepared teams come Friday night, their coaching staff is 2nd none and do a very good job scouting and paying attention to details. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Regina win by 14-17.
I was a bit surprised by the number of people picking Mepo as well but thought maybe there was something I was missing.

Mepo looks good on film and leads in most statistical areas. They also are at home. Schedule strength is different but Mepo looks good.
Speaking of film, the NL coach was less than pleased with how WB handled their film process.

Mepo looks good on film and leads in most statistical areas. They also are at home. Schedule strength is different but Mepo looks good.
Speaking of film, the NL coach was less than pleased with how WB handled their film process.
Not that I don't believe you cid, but I thought based on past drama everyone was past playing those games. Unfortunate if that's not the case.

Never once did I say Mepo wasn’t good. Anyone in the playoffs now is good. I’m telling you Regina shouldn’t be looked at as a underdog, they will be very prepared and well coached. I look for them to win. Oh and please bring facts when talking about something that you just read on twitter and believe. NL coach looked pretty foolish.

Reactions: GitRDone_51
Never once did I say Mepo wasn’t good. Anyone in the playoffs now is good. I’m telling you Regina shouldn’t be looked at as an underdog, they will be very prepared and well coached. I look for them to win. Oh and please bring facts when talking about something that you just read on twitter and believe. NL coach looked pretty foolish.
What tells you Regina is a underdog? In the picks contest thread it’s 9-6 Regina currently. My statistical analysis was solely on stats on Quik Stats with a disclaimer about strength of schedule and said weather could play a factor.

To me it looks to be a pretty good matchup. Yes, Regina will be prepared, but so will Mepo. It’s not like this is the first time they’ve ever met in the playoffs with their current coaching staffs. It’s been awhile, but nobody is overlooking anyone. I know I am looking forward to some good, solid football for once.

Reactions: gdkid2010
What tells you Regina is a underdog? In the picks contest thread it’s 9-6 Regina currently. My statistical analysis was solely on stats on Quik Stats with a disclaimer about strength of schedule and said weather could play a factor.

To me it looks to be a pretty good matchup. Yes, Regina will be prepared, but so will Mepo. It’s not like this is the first time they’ve ever met in the playoffs with their current coaching staffs. It’s been awhile, but nobody is overlooking anyone. I know I am looking forward to some good, solid football for once.
Ummm... based solely on seeding which is how underdogs are defined, mepo should be a huge favorite. Confused by your post. Sounds like you are pre-emptivley hedging your bets/ making excuses.

Reactions: ISUfan00
From what I can see it looks like it will be a replay of last year's title game. Van Meter will make it there with the easy schedule but that is as far as they get unless there is another upset along the way. Van Meter is good but not good enough to take down DNH or WS.

Regina 11 RPI Mepo 14 RPI. Mepo hosting because they are a district champ. Not sure either is a HUGE favorite. Mepo May be a home dog
Ummm... based solely on seeding which is how underdogs are defined, mepo should be a huge favorite. Confused by your post. Sounds like you are pre-emptivley hedging your bets/ making excuses.[/QU

Regina 11 RPI Mepo 14 RPI. Mepo hosting because they are a district champ. Not sure either is a HUGE favorite. Mepo May be a home dog
Sigh..... not a regina guy but seriously, you are a district champ at home. Do you think you will win or not. Stop building in excuses.

Sigh..... not a regina guy but seriously, you are a district champ at home. Do you think you will win or not. Stop building in excuses.

I think we will because we are at home and weather may suit our run game better. All I was pointing out is that I don’t think you can say either way someone is a huge favorite based on season stats and RPI.

Ummm... based solely on seeding which is how underdogs are defined, mepo should be a huge favorite. Confused by your post. Sounds like you are pre-emptivley hedging your bets/ making excuses.
Just being objective. Look at my picks. I picked Mepo, but am on record saying it will be a close game and could go either way depending on who plays a cleaner game (some forced, some unforced mistakes) and what the weather is like (how cold, how windy). Not making excuses, I’ll own it if they lose and congratulate Regina in defeat. To me it sounds like you’re looking for a misguided argument that isn’t there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT