ADVERTISEMENT

Objective review of Iowa?ISU

MitchL

Varsity
Oct 31, 2005
I'd be interested to hear from anyone in attendance, their thoughts on the two squads.

What I find interesting is that many Iowa fans are disappointed that the score was that close, while I see ISU fans sounding somewhat upbeat that some matches were close. So... the winning team is disappointing and the losing teams' fans kind of happy that they won only three matches. A moral victory, maybe?

Anyone??

I was there. Here is what I have come up with. Keep in mind I am an ISU grad and fan. Did I walk away happy- no, we lost. Was I encouraged and thought that ISU has improved, yes. Happy that we won 3 matches, no. In all honesty, 125 and 167 could have-but didn't-go ISU's way. Had they, it would have been 17-15 and 5 matches each. That is the positive. If I was an Iowa fan, I would come back and say the 3 matches Iowa lost, they could have won, hence, sweeping the dual. Iowa had 2 stalling warning against them. I ask, when was the last time you saw that against ISU? I have not seen any other teams wrestle yet, but in my opinion, both these teams have a ways to go. Moreno is out of shape. Hall is fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT