ADVERTISEMENT

Newman????????quickstats

Jako18

Freshman
Jan 9, 2011
Does anyone know who puts in the info for Newman on quick stats? I see they play Clear Lake coming up, thought I may go to it. They have played 2 times before, so I checked out the stats. The Newman page has them scoring 9 in the first and CL 1 in the first, the CL page is quite different. I checked some other score and they put all the runs in one inning several times. What is going on here? Is it really that difficult to put in the correct scores per inning? One gets a better idea of how the game went along with accurate info.

I get your frustration. It's hard to scout out a team when stats aren't entered correctly. To me the most frustrating thing to try and follow is when one team has it entered in that their pitcher only gave up 4 hits, but then you go to the opponent's stats for that game and it says they had 8 hits that game. Is this the stats person messing up or the coach trying to pad stats for their player/team? Quikstats is a nice site, it's just hard to trust in some aspects.

Time for a crazy idea regarding baseball stats...have the stat guy/gal from each team sit together behind home plate. Together then they can cuss/discuss each situation as to was it a hit/error, rbi or no rbi, stolen base or no stolen base, etc, etc.,. you get my drift. As for letting the players know who is due up in their half of the innning...Just post a large message board in the dugout and write the players names down. Surely at the HS level the players should know who made the last out and who is up next...and besides...the coach has a lineup card in his pocket, (well he should)...Use It ! With this change the stats posted on quick stats should become more relevent.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT