ADVERTISEMENT

Mondo Duplantis Breaks World Record in Pole Vault

Bill_D

Varsity
Jun 26, 2001
Former LSU Track Star Mondo Duplantis set a new World Record of 6.15M in the Pole Vault. First time any one went over 20’. I think he holds the NCAA Record. He had only one year at LSU before turning pro a couple of years ago.

BhFxLNI.gif

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Looks like @Bill_D has gotten the jump on cheering for nonfootball sports. I’m guessing it’s starting to sink in that the wife beater is clueless with how to start over. LOL
Nope. Just respect for the accomplishment. Do you personally know anyone who holds a World Record in an individual Olympic event. He represents the SEC, too.

That's pretty cool. Do you personally know him? I was friends with this guy in HS and college : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erick_Walder

I know it isn't world records, but he was pretty damn dominant at Arkansas.
I not sure I’ve met him, but his brother was a baseball star at LSU and I met his family at a game. He may ir not have been there. But he is pretty young. He was at LSU a couple of years ago and only stayed one year before training pro. It was pretty well assured by the professional track people he would he would break the worlds record and go over 20’. He is so smooth it unreal. I think it’s on YouTube or somewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT