ADVERTISEMENT

Legion Team playing in Regionals

baseball31ne

All District
Mar 8, 2002
Who is the Iowa Representative playing legion baseball in ND this weekend? Where are they from and just how good are they? Curious because I know the two Nebraska teams going and curious to see how they stack up? Thanks.

Carroll Merchants, roster includes the following players: Keumper Catholic; Chris Halbur (2A Player of the year by Sports Spotlight), Bryce Wessels, Carter Ludwig, Logan Nolting, Riley Bach, Kolby Hilgenberg, Alex Drees. Boone; Chris Kelly and Dusty Moran. Ogden; Preston Church. ADM; Dylan Nelson (3A Pitcher of the Year by Sports Spotlight). Van Meter; Brandon Brittain (1A Player of the Year by Sports Spotlight). Coon Rapids Bayard; Caylor Deeth, Brendan McCallister, Brett Carstens. Audubon; Colby Rattenborg. South O'brien; Mike Callahan. North Polk; Jacob Hadaway.

This is a pretty talented group that really jelled and played well together this Spring in winning the State Title and earning the Regional birth in North Dakota, you can follow the action if you login to www.legion.org/baseball they are in Region 6. First game is Thursday, August 8th at 10:00 AM.

How do you think this group compares to the two Nebraska teams?

I think Iowa plays the runner up from Nebraska on Thursday. That should be a good game.

Both of the Nebraska teams are very deep and play excellent fundamental baseball with great athleticism. The state champ might have a bit more depth on the mound but both can shut down an offense. The bats for both are good as well. Defense is smooth as well.

I am not real familiar with these Iowa players but having 3 players of the year will certainly be a great thing.

If I can ask a question, with so many different schools represented, what is the school population of these schools? I ask because my team is a co-op team basically and we have to be sure to stay under the rule of 5000 for legion teams. Thanks.

The Schools represented are pretty small, I would say the average would be 225, so the total would be under 2500.

Wow, that is lot of talent from some smaller schools then. Legion ball I know is not real big anymore in Iowa but the teams do play well in regionals most years. Thanks for the knowledge.

This is a very fun and talented team to watch, they should represent Iowa real well at the regional in North Dakota. Hopefully punching there ticket to the Legion World Series in Shelby NC. Aug 15-19

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT