ADVERTISEMENT

Late November Scores and Comments

I personally have no issue with GVC recruiting kids that they feel meet the mission and purpose of their school, whether academic, band, or basketball. The issue is they shouldn't be classified as a 1A school for competition purposes. Their population base is the greater Des Moines Metro and surrounding area (versus Troy Mills or Coggon or Gladbrook for example). They should be classified to match that reality.

Also, transfers work both ways, as GVC had 3 players from last year transfer to public schools for this season.

One thing I'm wondering...what's the team going to look like next year? If the classes are correct on the listed roster, you all have 2 varsity players returning next year.

And, FTR, I have no problem with GVC. Keep in mind, we've played them every year since they became GVC (and in it's prior version of Grandview Park Baptist) and 2-3 times most years. Last year we played them twice during the regular season and again in districts.

One thing I'm wondering...what's the team going to look like next year? If the classes are correct on the listed roster, you all have 2 varsity players returning next year.
And, FTR, I have no problem with GVC. Keep in mind, we've played them every year since they became GVC (and in it's prior version of Grandview Park Baptist) and 2-3 times most years. Last year we played them twice during the regular season and again in districts.

Like other schools that have had a good run my guess is it will be rebuilding time for a few years or longer. Typically cyclical in nature. That said, success draws attention and often breeds success, look at Dowlng in football. Hard to say what players may show up in the future.
Who knows, GV may be happy to have a few down years after the beatings they’ve taken on the message boards the last few years...lol!

Reactions: iowalongs230
Like other schools that have had a good run my guess is it will be rebuilding time for a few years or longer. Typically cyclical in nature. That said, success draws attention and often breeds success, look at Dowlng in football. Hard to say what players may show up in the future.
Who knows, GV may be happy to have a few down years after the beatings they’ve taken on the message boards the last few years...lol!
I heard Yao Ming's son coming in from China next year.

Reactions: iowalongs230

My guess is that they don't give a rip about what people on a message board think/say.

Nor should they.

i think most people on here are 3A and 4A fans, but i was pretty shocked at the West Sioux & South O’Brien score. West Sioux looks like the favourite for that conference

2 of the 3 were starters last year and were likely to be starters this year. The incoming transfer doesn't play either one's position. Oh, and those two are Sr

Cheer has a valid point here. While the "recruit" doesn't play the 3 player's positions, it is widely known, 2 of the 3 that left GVC did so because of a lack of playing time.

Cheer has a valid point here. While the "recruit" doesn't play the 3 player's positions, it is widely known, 2 of the 3 that left GVC did so because of a lack of playing time.
but they said they would be starters on current reigning 1A 2X champion and could 3pet with them as starters....playing time going forward could not have been the main issue for leaving.....also they are starting for the schools they went to....Could they have beaten ICW with those 3 players since 2 of the three are in double figures in scoring for their new schools???? 2 of the 3 are scoring 15 and 21 per game....

Reactions: JustCourtney
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT