ADVERTISEMENT

Larson/Ankeny

Sat next to his dad at the state tournament and he said he has a number of options in 3 sports (football, baseball, and wrestling). He said that once he hit the national rankings in wrestling things just blew up with offers coming from many directions. ISU is a strong possibility if he chooses wrestling, but no decision as of yet, and it is strictly up to Ross.

Would love to see Ross at Iowa State, we could use him with all the uncertainty surrounding Kyven Gadsen at 197.

He was unbelievable! He wrestled like a Weatherman and then someone told me he was from Ballard. It's nice to see multi-sport athletes.

Cygopher: I know Larson wrestled for Ballard previously. I think he was the guy that upset Blaize Cabell from Indee...although now it isn't looking much like an upset.

Who else transferred from Ballard over the past few years?

I was told Larson moved because of baseball and that he wasn't going to wrestle at Ankeny. I guess we know some of that wasn't true. Bauer was at Ballard his fr. & so. years. I believe his dad had to travel a lot and that was cut back if the family moved to Iowa City. And I heard the Miklus' didn't see eye to eye with Ballard's coaching staff, so they transferred.

He was by far the most impressive wrestler in the tournament. Not the wrestler with the best 4 year resume, but the absolute most dominating wrestler in this tournament and probably the season as well..

Bauer, both Miklus boys and the kid from Dowling all transfered in to Ballard. They had a heck of a team that season. Not surprised 3 of the 4 transfered out though.

Does anyone know if the Ankeny coach is retiring? I think I heard something about it this weekend. Just wondering if there is any truth to this?

So you are saying he did not get any better at Ankeny? WQent from 2A(where he had a couple of loses) to 3A and went undefeated and untouched but the Ankeny staff had nothing to do with it?

I saw three of his four matches at state. He's a Weatherman through and through. Ankeny's coaches are good, but he was already programmed. (Bet the staff about crapped their pants when they heard he moved in.) And a year of maturity sure didn't hurt things, either.

Originally posted by Willymo:
SuperNole is just butthurt his team gets stomped by Ankeny in everything. Dbag alert!!!

"My team" is FSU and they don't compete against Ankeny. I live in Central IA now and I call em like I see em. And like I said, this kid is really gonna special when he gets some decent coaching, which he isn't getting at Ankeny. JMO.

Just curious what are they doing wrong? The kid's worst matches were 11-1 twice! The rest were falls. I wish my coaches back in the day sucked that bad.

If your favorite team is FSU shouldn't you be posting on Warchant instead of an Iowa high school wrestling forum?

Originally posted by DirkTang:
If your favorite team is FSU shouldn't you be posting on Warchant instead of an Iowa high school wrestling forum?

I do post on Warchant. And I post sometimes on the Hawkeye Report OT board. And I post occasionally on an Iowa high school wrestling forum, as I have lived in Central Iowa for many yrs now and I follow high school wrestling. And why do you care where I post anyway?

Originally posted by DirkTang:
I don't care where you post. It was just a question.

So if you don't care where I post, then why do you ask the question about where I post? You just looking for a little extra finger exercise? Idiot.

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:
The name calling is always appreciated. Keep up the good work.

I just don't like getting jacked with by a bunch of posters who couldn't hold my jock in real life. I have as much, if not more, knowledge and experience in the sport of wrestling as anybody else on this message board. This is a place to give opinions, and I gave my opinion.

I love to see you go give your opinion to a few of the Ankeny wrestling coaches to their face! Then we would see who is holding who's jock!

Supernole has as much or more knowledge as any one on this board. He must be some elite coach in the area if he has these credentials, When you holding your next coaching clinic and where is it at?

I know that Ankeny has a former all american from Iowa State on the coaching staff, so for supernole to say he knows more about wrestling is the biggest joke I've ever heard

2 former ISU All Americans along with 1 Former 3 time state of Iowa place winner(1 time champ)-Brother of current Virginia Tech coach Kevin Dresser is also on staff. And I beleive that a former div II national champ also helps.

I love to see you go give your opinion to a few of the Ankeny wrestling coaches to their face! Then we would see who is holding who's jock!

LOL. If you saw me in person I think would realize that I would have no problem telling the Ankeny wrestling coaches my opinion to their face.

lol! Sounds like your the only 6'7" 350lb brain surgeon in town! Not only can no one hold your jock in life, you know more about everything than everybody, and you can take out anyone you want...Man you are the total package!!! My guess is your single, live in mommy's basement, thinning hair, 58% body fat, and scrub toilets for a living! Like I said earlier...dbag alert

Originally posted by SuperNole1979:

LOL. If you saw me in person I think would realize that I would have no problem telling the Ankeny wrestling coaches my opinion to their face.
1323062570885261.png

lol! Sounds like your the only 6'7" 350lb brain surgeon in town! Not only can no one hold your jock in life, you know more about everything than everybody, and you can take out anyone you want...Man you are the total package!!! My guess is your single, live in mommy's basement, thinning hair, 58% body fat, and scrub toilets for a living! Like I said earlier...dbag alert
He's trolling. I wouldn't feed him too much if I was you. He might drown you in fat free barbeque sauce if you're not careful brah.

Supernole where are you? With all your knowledge did someone pick you up to coach the naias today? Or are you heading for West Layfeyette to coach in the Big Tens. Someone needs you somewhere, don't waste that coaching talent. Get the toilets done early and get going. Mom says it is OK.

Deserved or not the responses are probably not the best course of action. Maybe keep it to state this weekend or Big Tens etc.

I agree with SuperNole. This kid really IS dynamite, I've seen him wrestle in person, and he will only get BETTER when he leaves Ankeny and gets some decent coaching.

Everyone that leaves High School to pursue College wrestling tends to get better. That being said when Clark and Meeks get better in college does that make their HS coaches junk?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT