ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Preps High School Sports Talk

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about sports now!

Q&A with West Lyon defensive end Jack Carolan
How did the high school football season go overall?
“I think our season went pretty well overall, we were pretty young and the season was rough right away but later in the season things went smoother.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Just doing lifting and speed workouts with the team to get stronger and faster.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I believe we could do pretty well next year, we have a lot of potential but really got to work for what we want.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think the most challenging opponent for us next year will be Western Christian or OABCIG.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest individual to play against would either be Kaden Van Regenmorter or Jaxx Dejean.”

Q&A with PCM quarterback Gavin VanGorp
“Season went pretty good, there were obviously some ups and downs and we hand our sight on winning it all, but fell just short. It was still a really good season.”

“Now I’m back on track and my shuttle hurdle team has our eyes on going for back-to-back state championships. I still have my football workouts and get in the weight room every day.”

“I think we will prepare really well for next season and I think we will be really good. Some guys need to step up and I really think they will. We have a lot of returning players and a lot of players that have chemistry together, so if we stick together, I have no doubts in my mind we can make a far run in the playoffs.”

“Nevada will for sure be our toughest competition. Last year we fell just short of them and we are really looking for revenge on them. They are like a rival to us so we are looking forward to that game.”

“We have a lot of people graduating in our district, but I would say it will be Nevada’s running back.”

Q&A with Tri-Center wide receiver Zach Nelson
“It was alright. Wish we would have won a playoff game.”

“I plan to workout with my teammates in the morning and start morning practice in the summer.”

“I think we have a shot to go far into the playoffs.”

“Woodbury should be our best match of the season.”

“I think @SternbergLuke is going to be the best individual player we play next year.”

Q&A with PCM linebacker Gavin DeRaad
“The season went well. We fell short of winning a state championship. We ended the season in the quarter finals.”

“I played basketball in the winter. Now I am running track. I have been weight training and running every day to prepare for next season.”

“Next year I think our team will win the state championship.”

“Nevada will be our toughest competition. They were in the top 10 rankings in 3a last year.”

“Probably Connor King. He is the starting quarterback for Nevada. He threw a good ball against us last year.”

Q&A with Mt. Ayr linebacker/running back Tyler Martin
“Overall I feel the high school football season went well. As a team, we really started to get a feel for our potential and had some young guys step up into key positions. Personally I feel that I grew a lot through the season as a player and leader and look forward to improving my performance for my senior year.”

“After football season I played basketball and I am now in my travel baseball season. I am also focused on building strength and speed for football next year. I am working out at least twice a day to prepare for baseball while also growing my football skills.”

“I am really excited about next football season. I think we have a lot of great players coming back as well as guys that work hard throughout the offseason. I think if we can stay committed to working hard throughout the summer then the sky's the limit for us.”

“After three years of playing high school football I have learned that the team you face each week is your toughest competition. No team in our district can be taken for granted so we have to prepare at our highest level every week.”

“There are many talented players in our district. Just like the teams, no player can be overlooked or taken lightly. My mentality and our team’s mentality is that we are coming after everyone that steps on the field with us.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News