ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Preps High School Sports Talk

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about sports now!

Q&A with Iowa City West athlete Daniel Robinson
How did the high school football season go overall?
“It was okay, it didn't go how we wanted to but we fought hard and had a great time with each other.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Lifting every day and track is helping me get faster and working on the field a lot.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I think we will do very well. I feel like we will be one of the top teams.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“We haven’t gotten our schedule yet but we will play City Liberty and City High. Those will be great games and very exciting.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“We aren’t really worried about one individual.”

Q&A with Maquoketa wide receiver Braedon Tranel
“Our record shows that we did not do the best last season. But personally, I feel that I had a good season.”

“Currently I am on track and I will be playing baseball this summer.”

“We will improve this season and continue to grow as a team.”

“I think that Dewitt will be our hardest competition this year.”

“The toughest player we will play will probably be Brent Yonkovic from West Delaware.”

Q&A with Mediapolis athlete Jackson Hutcheson
“The season went really well. With only one loss in the regular season, it started off super good. We dropped a really close game in the playoffs, but that was probably the most fun game I have ever played. Overall, I was super happy with the season.”

“I am doing track right now. I plan on playing baseball in the summer. My summer will consist of morning lifts, shooting hoops, and a lot of baseball. Until summer I’m going to lift and do whatever I can to stay active.”

“I am fairly confident we will go undefeated in district play. I haven’t done much research about our district, but from the first look every game should be winnable.”

“I think both Mid Prairie and Davis County will be our toughest games. It’s so hard to tell right now though.”

“We have never played any of our district teams, and have never watched any of the players play, so I don’t know of anybody.”

Q&A with Grinnell running back Kinnick Johnson
“The season went pretty well, we had a solid team that made it to the playoffs for the 3rd year in a row, so it’s always fun to be a part of that.”

“My plans for sports and workouts now are dual sports track and tennis… along with getting into the weight room whenever I can.”

“I believe our team will be pretty good next year. Our skill guys will have more experience now, and up front there will be some holes to fill with young guys, but I’m very confident they will step up into those spots and do well. We’ll also have another year under our belts with a new coach which will help a lot.”

“It’s hard to say what team exactly will be the toughest. Our new district has a lot of good teams with a lot of good returning players as well.”

“Once again it’s hard to say who will be the toughest. Benton has some good returning players, along with Williamsburg who has Derek, and Solon who has Brett.”

Q&A with Waverly Shell-Rock athlete Cole Marsh
How did the high school basketball season go overall?
“I thought my high school season was successful. We had a lot of injuries throughout the year but we finished the season well making it to the substate final.”

“This spring and summer I will be playing club basketball with Martin Brothers and I am working out every day to become the best I can be.”

How do you feel your team will do next basketball season?
“I think our team is going to be very competitive next year. We return most of our offense. I think we are going to be a hard team to beat.”

“I haven’t seen our schedule for next year but I’m hoping we can play Cedar Falls.”

“Ben Bockman and Trey McCain from Decorah are two very good basketball players and I am looking forward to playing them for a conference championship in my last year.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News