ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Preps High School Sports Talk

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about sports now!

Q&A with Colfax-Mingo wide receiver Curtis Horras
How did the high school football season go overall?
“[The] season was good. It was my first year at receiver so it was really a learning year and I got off to a good start.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I will be playing with Iowa Flex 7 on 7 and doing multiple workouts a week with teammates from school and teammates with Iowa flex throughout the week.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“We had a lot of underclassmen this past year that had varsity minutes so returning players will help out a lot. I think we’ll be a lot better and win more games.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think Lynnville Sully will be our toughest competition.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“Corder Nounharder from Lynnville Sully.”

Q&A with Keokuk athlete Diego Garcia
How has everything with the basketball season been going so far?
“It has been a rebuilding year for sure. We have a lot of young pieces who got there first minutes of varsity this year and they have been doing well. This season has been tough but we want to try and get some wins down the stretch.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played?
“I have played well this season, but I want to play better from the three. I am definitely going to be working in the off season to improve.”

How do you feel your team has played?
“My team has played well at times, we just haven’t been able to put it all together. We have some guys who have been very solid like MJ Davis and Devon Shed, but we haven’t been able to all have a great game together.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“We are young so experience is going to help for sure. We are going to work in the off-season and work on shooting for sure. That is a key point in order to get better.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“The keys for us moving forward are shooting better and just putting the ball in the basket. We haven’t been able to score as well as other years but defense is a bright spot.”

Q&A with Ankeny wide receiver Will Hinrichs
“The season overall went very well, there was a lot of improvement within the entire team throughout the season within everybody.”

“My plan with workouts this spring and summer is mainly to work on my speed and strength. Looking to get faster and more agile on the field.”

“This upcoming season I think our team will do pretty well overall. We’re losing a couple people in spots on defense that we’re going to be looking to fill in the off-season but our offense will still do well and we’ve still got some high intensity players still with us on the team.”

“I feel like the toughest team we will go against in this upcoming season will most likely be Dowling Catholic they have a good program and have good kids still in their program this year.”

“The toughest individual player that we will go against this year in my opinion is Kayden Proctor. He is one of the most talented athletes in 3A and he will be tough to get around.”

Q&A with West Lyon running back Tate Hawf
“Overall it was good. [We] made it to state, [were] conference champs and state runner-up. It was a fun season.”

“I just finished playing basketball. I’m looking forward to the track. I still lift and have been doing speed and strength workouts.”

“We have high expectations for ourselves every year. I think we are working hard in the off season and will come to play next year.”

“Central Lyon has been great and will continue to be next year. It’s a great rivalry to be a part of and each team always comes to play.”

“I think that there are a lot of great players and we can’t overlook anyone.”

Q&A with Shenandoah wide receiver Brody Cullin
“We had a pretty tough season, lots of young kids developing into bigger and better athletes so I think we will get better these next few years.”

“My plans are to work as hard as possible during the off-season, did wrestling in the winter and now onto track. Always lifting too.”

“I think the team will have a great year. Always looking at the upside.”

“I think Greene County will be the toughest, they have very good athletes.”

“Greene County’s running back is super good, short and stocky.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News