ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Preps High School Sports Talk

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about sports now!

Q&A with Akron-Westfield wide receiver Lane Kenny
How did the high school football season go overall?
“This season was the most fun football season I’ve had. We finished 4-5, but we upset the #10 ranked team when we were predicted to lose by over 20 points. We were one win away from the playoffs.”
What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I have state wrestling this weekend, then I plan on lifting really hard and trying to get stronger and faster for the upcoming football season. I have over 10 football camps planned for this summer.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I’m not sure how good we will be next year. We lost all five of our starting linemen from last year. I still think our offense has the capability to be very explosive though because we have great receivers, a strong running back, and a mobile quarterback.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I think the toughest team for us next year will probably still be Gehlen Catholic because they are always fast and we are rivals so it is always a physical game.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest player our team will face will be Kooper Ebel. He is a good defender and is hard to bring down when he runs the ball.”

Q&A with Alburnett athlete Braydon Osborn
How has everything with the basketball season been going so far?
“Really good, we have a record of 15-6 which is really good in a tough conference.”

Have you been pleased with how you have played?
“The start of the season I started slow and now I’m playing a lot better and getting comfortable. “

How do you feel your team has played?
“N/A.”

What do you feel your team can improve on?
“N/A.”

What are the keys for your team being successful going forward?
“We’re a very unselfish team. We share the ball very well.”

Q&A with Lawton-Bronson wide receiver Caleb Garnand
“2021 went about as I expected. Should've maybe had 1 or 2 more wins by season’s end but we were a very young team with five seniors and five Juniors. We are loaded at the sophomore and freshman classes. I think we had 20+ players in the sophomore and freshman class that started or had important playing roles.”

“My basketball season has just ended and I'll go into track season and then baseball for the summer. I love competition and will play four sports in HS.”

“We will be much improved. More experienced, bigger, faster and stronger. [We] will still have a small senior class but the junior and sophomore class will help even more.”

“Logan Magnolia will always be tough in our district. A couple of other teams will be contenders as well, including the team just east of us.”

“Westwoods RB/LB Jackson Dewald is the guy. He was Mr. Everything for the Rebels.”

Q&A with Lewis Central free safety Curtis Witte
“Great, [we] won a district title, many players on the team won awards for all-state and all-district, and most importantly, [we] won the state title.”

“Get on the field and in the weight room with the team in the offseason and start building connections throughout the team, as well as further my athletic ability.”

“Make a deep run into the playoffs, possibly returning to that state title game and defending the trophy.”

“We play a lot of tough teams throughout the year, but Harlan coming off a state championship week one will be hard to surpass.”

“N/A.”

Q&A with Westwood fullback Jackson Dewald
“Our season went pretty well, finished 4-4 and missed the playoffs by a game.”

“Right now I’m wrestling and lifting heavy. Track will be starting in the next month and baseball during the summer.”

“I think we will have a good team next year; we get a year older and stronger.”

“Woodbury Central will probably be the best team on our schedule.”

“Max McGill or Calvin Wallis. Both are fast while Max is more physical and Calvin is shifty.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News