ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Preps High School Sports Talk

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

Q&A with Mason City linebacker Logan Eide
How has everything been going football wise as of late?
“Good, our team finished solid in a tough district and had one of the better records in the school's recent football history. I was glad I could be part of the team and help make an impact.”

Going forward, what do you feel your team can continue to improve on?
“Our team needs to be better in the weight room and practice attendance. Buying into the program and functioning as a team got better through the season and it reflected in the way we finished.”

Have you been pleased with your performances?
“Yes, I was pleased with the way I played and progressed throughout the year. Week to week I felt like I got better, making the plays I needed to, being in the right spot and reading my keys were all big things.”

What are your sporting goals going forward as of now?
“Lifting and gaining weight are some big things during this off season, but I also play basketball and track so I'm looking forward to both of those seasons as well.”
Q&A with Grinnell defensive tackle Gene Blalock III
“As of late football has been going really well as it could be. We had a heart-breaking loss in the first round of the playoffs but these guys proved that we could do it and try to do it again next year.”

“Going Forward our team will have to improve team chemistry having a-lot of new guys taking the starting role for next year and see what happens when we get there.”

“I have been pleased with my performance because whatever I can do to help the team reflects well on everyone and if my performance makes a change then I have to do it.”

How do you feel about the play of your team?
“I feel like we had some great guys starting with our offensive line and our skill guys who could make plays like Calvin and Brady along with our quarterbacks who were able to do what they could do with not a-lot of experience.”

“My sporting goals going forward is to get better and to get ready for our football season next year, hopefully making the playoffs 3 years in a row.”
Q&A with Treynor catcher Jaxon Schumacher
How did the high school baseball season go overall?
“I think the season went okay. We were expecting to make state but that didn’t work out. And for being as young as we were we played pretty good. No one expected us to win as many games as we did and I think we held our ground.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“Some of my plans right now are to travel a little bit and workout as much as possible to be better than last year.”

How do you feel your team will do next baseball season?
“I feel our team this upcoming season will do great. I think we can make a run in the state tourney and that we’re going to be good. I think the seniors will step up and lead us.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I haven’t seen our schedule yet, but I do know we have played Van Meter and Des Moines Christian and those central Iowa teams and that they’re always tough. I also think that Tri Center and Underwood will be tough like always.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I wouldn’t know the toughest player we would have to face off against. I believe if you worry too much about a single person on a team that you will end up beating yourself worrying about that. I think if you just come into the game with the right mindset and thinking you're going to play your best that everything will be fine and it won’t matter how good someone is.”
Q&A with Fort Madison linebacker Tanner Settles
“Football was great this year. Except for missing the playoffs, it just sucks because we had a great and talented team this year.”

“I think we can improve on putting a whole game together and not having bad halves and quarters.”

“I think my performance was ok this year. But for the main part I did my job for my team and made plays when they came my way.”

How do you feel about the play of your team?
“I feel like we got cut short and didn’t show what we could do.”

“Probably just to get better in all my sports and to get faster and stronger for football.”
Q&A with Sumner-Fredericksburg offensive tackle Klay Seehase
How did the high school football season go overall?
“The season didn’t go how we wanted to go or planned for it to go. We as a team didn't give up, we were always trying to get better. It brought us together like brothers and there isn't another team in this world I would want to be with. This team is my family and always will be.”

What are your plans now with sports and workouts?
“I still have sports that I will need to get ready for and to always get better and workout every other day to get better.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I believe that the football team will do just fine. There are going to be some kids that will need to step up and I fully believe that they will do that.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“I don’t believe there is a team that will be too hard for us; we are always ready for a battle. If we win or lose, we will respect our opponent.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“I don’t believe there is one person that is hard to play as a team and always will be.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News