ADVERTISEMENT

iowa newspaper all state

Originally posted by toosimpletoo:
Joke
Agreed. These things usually involve getting a group of newspaper reporters together and having the reporters, who have seen at most 25 of the 300 or so baseball teams, vote. Usually the reporters vote for local players because that helps sell more newspapers.

Originally posted by eyecy:
Originally posted by toosimpletoo:
Joke
Agreed. These things usually involve getting a group of newspaper reporters together and having the reporters, who have seen at most 25 of the 300 or so baseball teams, vote. Usually the reporters vote for local players because that helps sell more newspapers.
So....what's YOUR solution?

You realize this is the Iowa NEWSPAPER Association All State team. Right?

This would mean that newspaper reporters are on the committee and they vote for who they think is deserving. Some is based on stats and some are based on players they have seen throughout the year. Since there are reps from all over the state, I'm sure they give input to about PLAYERS THEY HAVE SEEN in their area.

makes a lot of sense. Doesn't it?

Too many people just want to bitch. Maybe someone you know didn't get on. Ok, fair enough. Say so.

However it actually seems that they put too many players on the list. particularly 1st team. People still bitch.

the 4a all state teams are usually heavy on CIML players, which makes sense as in that class that's where the best teams have been about every year since 94.

I wish the coaches association would figure out how to make it so when you click on one of the links for all district and such it would just open up in another browser window. I hate having to use an external software to open up the lists.

Think the Coaches Assocation is probably the "closest"... it helps its done after the post-season and all-star series where a lot of these kids are visable by more than just their surrounding community/media. The fact that they actually have to qualify for the coaches all-state team via all-district selection helps as well. None of them will ever be perfect, but I think all of them should wait until after the postseason/all-star series to vote...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT