ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa City West

Hwkfn1

Freshman
Oct 24, 2009
Their head football job is posted on teachiowa website. Marv Cook going there? Did the guy they hired last summer know it was for one year?

I believe that he was always listed as the Interim Head Coach, maybe he didn't want the job, just took it for a year.

ICW sure did a screw job on Hartwig but they wanted Marv so they did what they had to do. Hopefully Hartwig can get the CRP job or the job in North Liberty in a few years, good guy and good coach.

Hartwig was announced as IFCA's Regional 4A coach of the year. The situation is very odd

Odd situation for an odd place with many odd situations. Hartwig did a great job this year getting just as good of results as the past coach without a 1/10 of the headaches.

Great job IC West!
in a world where there not many coaches that are rteachers
West High might have a tough time getting a quality teache/coach/person.

from article in press:. about re-applying for the job.

Hartwig, 32, was named Regional Coach of the Year Thursday by the Iowa High School Football Yearbook. But the Wyoming native and former University of South Dakota defensive back now has an uncertain future. He could reapply.

"That's a decision I've been weighing heavily," Hartwig said. "The first person I'm going to consult is my wife, and I'm going to do what's best for my young family. Those are the people that matter the most to me. It's certainly not a decision that I take lightly at all, and in the end I consider myself a teacher and an educator first and coach second. This is a decision that will be made very soon, but I'm going to do what's best for myself and my family in the long run."

Any word on what is going on?
I've hear rumors the following rumors: Marv Cook is the guy, Marv Cook didn't apply, and Lombardi interviewed. Curious if there is truth to any of it. If they didn't like the head aches accompanied by Sauser, then Lombardi seems really unlikely.

I would like to see Ed Hinkel apply - it's about time he becomes a HC and he would bring a lot to the table for ICW.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT