ADVERTISEMENT

***** IN GAME THREAD - SOUTH WINNESHIEK VS. IOWA CITY REGINA *****

Originally posted by Pinehawk:
1630 KCJJ is covering it.
they may as well be call KRFBJJ as much as they have their heads stuck up the Regal program's tail.

At least KGYM is semi-equal opportunity

Regals with 3 uncharteristic first half turnovers or it would be getting out of hand already.

SW has done a good job of wrapping up and stripping, but have made far too many mistakes to even make this respectable.

Now, both teams have fumble returns for TD's. 35-6 Regals. 5:49 to go in the 2nd.

Old habits die hard Pine?

I remember Regina having a small issue with fumbling last year as well "or games would've gotten more out of hand"....No idea how they're doing holding onto the ball this year, outside of this game.

Btw, good thing South Winn has that balanced spread offense (mixing in the pass and whatnot) to help them move the ball against Regina.......

Radio guys are terrible. PBP guy's voice is so high it's hard to understand.

Yeah, well, rule says that continuous clock doesn't start until the second half (with the exception of 8 man)

Yes, I know that. Believe me, this isn't my first experience with the continuous clock.

Regina is good, I admit it.

BUT

When the #1 team in the state is 37 points ahead of the #2 team in the state - and has 3 turnovers or it would be 63 - there is definitely evidence for: TIME FOR MULTIPLIER

Period.

end of discussion

I have to admit, it amuses me how Ghost finds ways in new threads to rehash old controversies.

11 minutes to go 4th qtr. 56-18 Regina.

Cook is still in there running and throwing.

Though this last TD may be it for the starters. We'll see.

6:20 to go. just taking in some quick entertainment from the Regal pep band.

JV players in now. Regina crowd has been casually exiting since halftime.

You Regina fans are real cool and all with your recruits, and turning down kids to drop a class. Classy.

It's how we roll, as far as a multiplier goes, it hasn't been shown to work in other states so go ahead and keep throwing it out there. Regina loses a lot of talent this year, maybe they can have a returning all state player move into the school. I have heard of it happening elsewhere.

First of all, not saying it would have changed the outcome,but there was a blatant block in the back on the punt return for a TD Not called as well as numerous holding penalties against Regina not called. Then the SW running back gets gang tackled out of bounds on the Regina sidelines and once again nothing called. Regina is definitely a good team (sloppy with the ball handling) but it's near impossible to beat them when the refs are in perfect position and are afraid to throw the flag.

I don't know if I would be in favor of a multiplier. But I would be in favor of Regina moving up to 3A, maybe 4A. When you've got the continuous clock rolling to start the second half on the second best team in your class, something has to change.

Something will change. Cook, Brinkman and Arendt will graduate this year. And, Marv Cook may move on. So, next year will be a very different team.

Yeah but you guys seem to reload every single year. I've heard the JV team has some major talent, so I think the gaps will fill just fine. And as for if Marv may or may not be leaving, if the assistant coaches stay its not really a huge loss for you guys.

If one more Regina player fumbles,turns the ball over i am taking away his Mercedes for a week. What a beautiful day it was today.

Originally posted by Pinehawk:
Something will change. Cook, Brinkman and Arendt will graduate this year. And, Marv Cook may move on. So, next year will be a very different team.
I think people are jumping to conclusions because of this run. The last two seasons Regina has had a division 1 QB recruit. That's rare for a 1A school. Regina will likely be good again next season but let's wait before saying they are going to run the table again and need to be moved to 3A especially if Marv Cook moves on. This reminds me of when Iowa Falls had Nick Collison and Ryan Lindeman in basketball and blew everyone away. Not many small school have two D1 starters with one being a Kansas All-American. I'm sure Regina has some good athletes coming up but they won't replace guys like Cook and Brinkman in full.

Originally posted by BlameIt:
Regina is good, I admit it.

BUT

When the #1 team in the state is 37 points ahead of the #2 team in the state - and has 3 turnovers or it would be 63 - there is definitely evidence for: TIME FOR MULTIPLIER

Period.

end of discussion
Guess we should have added a multiplier a long time ago, when Solon was steamrolling everyone in 2A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT