ADVERTISEMENT

***** IN GAME THREAD - Cedar Rapids Washington vs. Bettendorf *****

Watching on kcrg 2 or whatever.

Bettendorf had a pick six, and wash gave up a long drive but held to a fg. Aside from betts first two drives, its all wash.

And the deep ball is beautiful right now for the CRW qb

Beautiful corner kick from wash punter. Betts team runs to the ball. Wash's defensive line are men amongst boys it seems. Second forced fumble, didn't recover

I am at the game. Bett has started playing much better but their passing game stinks. Also, a Wash assistant is an absolute embarrassment. Was sitting in front of press box and he just yelled every swear in the book every single play. Yelling at refs, yelling at players, not really sure who he thinks can hear him since he is up in the box, other than a bunch of fans trying to enjoy the game. Moved awa for the second half since he was so obnoxious.

i watched only the second half on TV. It looked like Washington was fatiguing (do they have any two way guys beside Snitker) but it never materialized and the Warriors were able to capitalize on Bettendorf miscues (in addition to Snitker's great TD pass)

Bettendorf had their chances, but strayed from the fundamentals on a few plays, that's what makes a difference when two quality teams play. CRW kept their heads up and made advantages for themselves.

#44 had a stellar defensive game for CRW.
Running back for Bett had very good second effort game (one fumble that contributed to the outcome).
CRW QB was solid on the long ball and in tackling on D.

Fundamental errors include:
CRW choosing across the field out pass...that's hard in college and the pros.
Bett not getting the FG at the end of the half.
Bett not having three "go to" 4th down plays (or even one).
CRW giving up lots of special team yards.

Fun game to watch. I think the difference came down to three long passes by CRW and a couple of defensive standouts for CRW.

Just wanted to say congrats to Washington on making the finals. I had a friend I worked with while I was at Iowa who played WR for Washington (good bball player too), so I've always kept an eye on them to see how they're doing. /csb

Good luck against Dowling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT