ADVERTISEMENT

IHSSN moving to pay-per-view platform

With NIL the student-athletes should get a portion of it. I’m only half joking. Next the take the free coverage away from local stations that why you’re either paying to attend or paying to watch. Can’t be any freebies in this world.

Reactions: Hwkfn1
The boy$ in Boone must not be getting a good enough cut so they have an issue with this.

The funny part is they will probably claim ‘it’$ for the fan$’

Does anyone have a problem with the NFHS network charging to stream games? Maybe they do and aren't complaining. They've been charging to stream first round and quarterfinal football for a couple of years now. If you log into that site, regular seasons games are available for PPV as well depending on the school.

I’m not sure but I believe that individual schools sign up for NFHS to cover their games then get a cut off the money made. If that’s the case I have little issue with them charging.

Does anyone know when the current contract that the Boys Association has with IHSSN expires? Seems to me that the IHSAA needs to move to IPTV.

Does anyone know when the current contract that the Boys Association has with IHSSN expires? Seems to me that the IHSAA needs to move to IPTV.
Let’s be honest, IMHO, This isn’t really about IHSSN charging to watch, it’s about the IHSAA not getting a piece of the pie.

Pending the outcome of the lawsuit, IHSSN has the contract through 2029. If IHSAA wins that portion of the lawsuit, the contract ends in 2024.
Pandora's box is open. The IHSAA is not going back to a no rights fee model. Not when so much money is at stake. It boggles my mind this altruistic view that organizations shouldn't make money off of high school athletics. Have you taken a look around the Des Moines area suburbs lately? Those facilities are build on the backs of the success of athletes. Streaming companies are making money off the success of those programs during the regular season. Channel 13 in DSM has jumped into the arena and making bank and high ratings off of High School Football. How is giving away content, and yes this is just content to production and broadcast companies, going to work out for them? Maybe that's a good question for someone in the newspaper industry. If people want to support the "kids", go to the damn game. If people want to wring their hands over $10 or $20, get a better job. This is the world we live in. Capitalism should always win out.

Last edited:
Frankly, it would be worth it to me, to pay an annual fee and know that EVERY post-season contest for Every sports is on one platform.

I mean, we can't even get ticket sales for these games standardized. i hate having to take time to figure it out every time.

If you could add every regular season game, then all the better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT