ADVERTISEMENT

If the primary election were held today, who ya pulling the lever for?

DeSantis is my clear vote.

If I had to rank in order, probably

DeSantis
(Big gap)
Burgum
Scott
Hutchinson
Haley
Pence
Christie
Vivek

DeSantis is my clear vote.

If I had to rank in order, probably

DeSantis
(Big gap)
Burgum
Scott
Hutchinson
Haley
Pence
Christie
Vivek
🤔
Even Christie before the Orangeman huh?

But I’d go DeSantis.

Wonder if the rest of the country is feeling like this board. If so ole BDR is gonna get a boost.

Didn’t watch the debate but liked this line from Vivek concerning Haley being “Dick Cheney in three-inch heels.” 😂

Toss up btw Vivek and DeSantis as of today... as with DJT, I like an outsider that will shake things up, and VR is full of these ideas.
I like that BDR has experience running a gov't entity / legislature like being the Gov of a state, but it's just hard to get enthusiastic about him. I think W might have generated more passion than Ron... he's sort of like watching paint dry.
Maybe Haley last... just a NO on Christine and his healthy lifestyle (doesn't that say something about your self discipline / respect to let yourself get that big?)...? Scott doesn't have the chops IMO.
Whoever is the 'R' will get my vote... probably DJT if I were a betting man.

Reactions: Reasoned
We'll find out pretty quickly with the results in Iowa whether or not Trump will be the nominee. If he wins it easily, he'll go on to be the nominee with little resistance.

If DeSantis wins Iowa, it very well may change the opinions of a lot of people that just assume Trump is inevitable. Then we'll have an interesting primary.

I don't believe the polls in Iowa showing Trump up 20/30/40 points at all. DeSantis has an extremely strong ground game there, and now has the Iowa governor going all in for him (who is very popular among Republicans). I think the internals show a much different picture in Iowa than the public polls.

We'll find out pretty quickly with the results in Iowa whether or not Trump will be the nominee. If he wins it easily, he'll go on to be the nominee with little resistance.

If DeSantis wins Iowa, it very well may change the opinions of a lot of people that just assume Trump is inevitable. Then we'll have an interesting primary.

I don't believe the polls in Iowa showing Trump up 20/30/40 points at all. DeSantis has an extremely strong ground game there, and now has the Iowa governor going all in for him (who is very popular among Republicans). I think the internals show a much different picture in Iowa than the public polls.
From an Iowan’s perspective, although Gov Reynolds is very popular, the hard core Trumpers (and there’s a LOT of them) won’t budge in their support. Barring the unforeseen knuckleball, he will not only win Iowa but the nomination as well. On another note, when abortion access has become the rallying cry for the progressive left, it does not bode well for the health of our republic…..not to mention the health of our unborn future.

From an Iowan’s perspective, although Gov Reynolds is very popular, the hard core Trumpers (and there’s a LOT of them) won’t budge in their support. Barring the unforeseen knuckleball, he will not only win Iowa but the nomination as well. On another note, when abortion access has become the rallying cry for the progressive left, it does not bode well for the health of our republic…..not to mention the health of our unborn future.

It's why the worst case scenario for Trump in Iowa is a narrow loss, there's that 25-35% that will vote against their own beliefs for Trump and put their fingers in their ears when anybody tries to explain the facts to them. It's obviously an uphill battle if one person is starting with a 35% floor in a more than 2 way race. It's also frustrating that the media is all in for Trump getting the primary nomination.

Last time I went to caucus 2016 they moved it from 2 blocks away to 10 miles, moved it to an elementary school, nothing for a parking lot. By the time I found a spot I was late and couldn't participate. Doubt I try again.

• Sad
Toss up btw Vivek and DeSantis as of today... as with DJT, I like an outsider that will shake things up, and VR is full of these ideas.
I like that BDR has experience running a gov't entity / legislature like being the Gov of a state, but it's just hard to get enthusiastic about him. I think W might have generated more passion than Ron... he's sort of like watching paint dry.
Maybe Haley last... just a NO on Christine and his healthy lifestyle (doesn't that say something about your self discipline / respect to let yourself get that big?)...? Scott doesn't have the chops IMO.
Whoever is the 'R' will get my vote... probably DJT if I were a betting man.
I just can’t take Vivek seriously… dude has flip flopped more in the last year than most politicians do in a lifetime. He also just comes across as extremely unlikable. There’s also a strong chance he chokes on Trump’s dick before the first primary and isn’t even around to run…

Last time I went to caucus 2016 they moved it from 2 blocks away to 10 miles, moved it to an elementary school, nothing for a parking lot. By the time I found a spot I was late and couldn't participate. Doubt I try again.
At least if you’re a Republican they’re having a caucus, the Democrats are going all in on mail in and waiting to announce the results until Super Tuesday…..such respect for their voters 🙄

I just can’t take Vivek seriously… dude has flip flopped more in the last year than most politicians do in a lifetime. He also just comes across as extremely unlikable. There’s also a strong chance he chokes on Trump’s dick before the first primary and isn’t even around to run…
Don't fall into the trap of reading what the lamestream media is putting out there concerning VR and 'flipflopping'...

I read PolitiFact's point's on him supposedly flipflopping, and it reads more like he clarified an earlier policy or position that they are calling a flip flop. There have been a number of instances where some news agency releases something he reportedly said, but in fact he didn't and then goes back after these false claims so they can accuse of him FFing.

I find him smart, engaging and very smooth. I've watched a number of podcasts, interviews, etc... and he pounds on the same subjects the same way time after time. I think he's likable, but that doesn't really matter to me as I voted for Trump twice, and he's about as likeable as a cobra.

I find him smart, engaging and very smooth.
Reminds me too much of obama. Gotta go with DeSantis this round.

Those are 3 words I would never apply to nObama... he always sounded like a smarmy used car salesman. And he certainly never had the credentials VR has...

I find him smart, engaging and very smooth.
Reminds me too much of obama. Gotta go with DeSantis this round.

Those are 3 words I would never apply to nObama... he always sounded like a smarmy used car salesman. And he certainly never had the credentials VR has...

Politics never fails to impress me how people can look at something and see two totally different things. As with most on this board, we are likely pretty close in political beliefs, yet we see somebody like Vivek in a completely opposite light. To me, he's the smarmiest used car salesman I can remember running on the Republican side. In conversations with other people I've made the Obama comparison to him as well.

He won't be the nominee so it's all a moot point. It's just fascinating to me.

Politics never fails to impress me how people can look at something and see two totally different things. As with most on this board, we are likely pretty close in political beliefs, yet we see somebody like Vivek in a completely opposite light. To me, he's the smarmiest used car salesman I can remember running on the Republican side. In conversations with other people I've made the Obama comparison to him as well.

He won't be the nominee so it's all a moot point. It's just fascinating to me.
Agree... very interesting how differently we can see these guys... I tend to think a guy who has built several mulit-million $ companies and is using his own money is the antithesis of Barry. But you're right, he won't get the nomination.

Agree... very interesting how differently we can see these guys... I tend to think a guy who has built several mulit-million $ companies and is using his own money is the antithesis of Barry. But you're right, he won't get the nomination.

Unfortunately, the last guy to "use his own money" in a campaign has turned out to be the worst thing for the Republican party in a generation.

Reactions: dhetiger
You probably haven't seen these poll numbers... I think 'we' on the board disagree on VR for the most part, but I am really impressed with how he completely dismantles the radical leftist 'journalists' who are constantly trying to play GOTCHA with him.

I'll be voting on whoever the Republican nominee winds up being, but this guy is just smart, articulate and not afraid to tell the audience or the interviewer exactly what he thinks.

BREAKING: CNN is attempting to rig the Iowa GOP Caucus!

Censorship, cherry-picking polls, and legal threats are just the mainstream media’s latest tactics to prop up their favorite pick-of-the-month puppet.

They have disgracefully, cherry-picked arbitrary poll parameters to favor requirements. Morning Consult recently had me polling ahead of Nikki Haley in one of the largest-conducted Iowa polls. The latest American Research Group Inc. also has me polling at #2 amongst “probable” GOP primary voters in New Hampshire:

Trump – 33%
Ramaswamy—18%
DeSantis—14%
Christie—9%
Haley—8%
Undecided—16%

This is of course, after CNN cut his Iowa town hall short after pointing out uncomfortable truths about January 6 and related topics, which CNN instantly and desperately covered up as "conspiracy theories.”

CNN and other mainstream media outlets are trying to implement a plot to prop up the establishment-approved GOP puppet. Don’t let them get away with it. This is an insult to GOP caucusgoers in Iowa and the American people.

While the mainstream media desperately tries to count VR out, he is bypassing them and going straight to the people, to expose a new layer of media corruption. On Wednesday, January 10, at 8 PM EST/7 PM CT, podcast host Tim Pool will host a live-studio audience town hall.

You probably haven't seen these poll numbers... I think 'we' on the board disagree on VR for the most part, but I am really impressed with how he completely dismantles the radical leftist 'journalists' who are constantly trying to play GOTCHA with him.

I'll be voting on whoever the Republican nominee winds up being, but this guy is just smart, articulate and not afraid to tell the audience or the interviewer exactly what he thinks.
Is he a mean tweeter?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT