ADVERTISEMENT

Heelan

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Via twitter:

Longtime Heelan head FB coach Roger Jansen will resign and head to Morningside College

Crazy... He's been there forever... Heck.. I'm class of 1992.. He was there my last season in 1991.. Good for him though! It will be very interesting to see who takes over! I could see Roger taking over at M'side someday if Steve Ryan decides to move on to a higher level in the college ranks.. w/ his success, he's definitely getting offers....

http://siouxcityjournal.com/high-school/heelan/jansen-steps-down-as-heelan-coach-to-take-job-at/article_a83efd8f-5e73-547e-b78d-2e9ded8d55b0.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=facebook

From SC East guy down here at state sounds like Jansen was tired of a lazy disorganized hard to work with administration and losing his good OC.
He also said don't expect a good hire , sounds like the buddy system is how it works there . Glad Dowling does work this way .

This post was edited on 3/13 10:36 AM by TheSeer2

Well, putting aside the disinformation campaign (and, considering the sources, we should expect as much), let's deposit some (apparently) much needed facts into the discussion.

1.) Jansen wasn't "tired" of anything. He had no plans to leave anytime soon (though the scuttlebutt was that he might have been considering looking at other opportunities after his son Austin graduated in 2016). Steve Ryan had an opening on his staff at Morningside and came to Jansen with the offer. He has said that he only responded to an opportunity that he had been wanting for some time. He got his window, took it, and had no regrets at Heelan. He also has stated that he has no doubt that the school will find a top replacement. They can afford to be picky, and will take their time.

2.) He "lost" his OC due to that individuals (apparent) part in a prostitution ring in the SC area. He was immediately relieved from his duties at Heelan. Most unfortunate (the former OC was thought to be a good bet to replace Jansen eventually), but it is unrelated to this story.

3.) The SC East "source" knows nothing about Heelan or how any of the inner workings operate. 99.9% of high schools would be so fortunate to have the professionalism & support exhibited there. The continuing (and accelerating) influx of students from SC public schools to the Heelan system stands as evidence of that.

4.) Dowling?! Both schools are neck-and-neck when it comes to mission, purpose, scope, support, and athletic tradition. And I know for a fact that they have had their problems as well. So just shoot the high horse.
This post was edited on 3/14 11:22 AM by cruhawk

maybe curt bladt of harlan, doubt that will happen, he is a cyclone forever.. seems odd roger would quite a job like that for defensive line coach, unless the money is better...one of the best high school coaches , great record at heelan

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT