ADVERTISEMENT

Gird your loins for the next phase.

Reasoned

All District
Oct 25, 2017
As the Wuhan flu finally runs it’s NATURAL course, our little Marxist friends are already declaring “victory” due to their actions. Reminds me of the insanity leading up to the year 2000 BKA Y2K and all the wasted meetings, capital and preparation for computer Armageddon (those of you who were in business at the time will know what I mean 😏). How we had to prepare for all of our IT systems to go down due to the 00, only to find out the only computer to go down on 1/1/2000 was in some cab driver’s dispatcher business in Bosnia. But that didn’t stop our professional bureaucrats from declaring victory and patting themselves on the back.🙄

As the Wuhan flu finally runs it’s NATURAL course, our little Marxist friends are already declaring “victory” due to their actions. Reminds me of the insanity leading up to the year 2000 BKA Y2K and all the wasted meetings, capital and preparation for computer Armageddon (those of you who were in business at the time will know what I mean 😏). How we had to prepare for all of our IT systems to go down due to the 00, only to find out the only computer to go down on 1/1/2000 was in some cab driver’s dispatcher business in Bosnia. But that didn’t stop our professional bureaucrats from declaring victory and patting themselves on the back.🙄

For Y2K, I just backdated my computers to 1980 until I sunset the old computers after the hoopla- I don’t need my computers to be clock watchers, they had more important shite to do

that was my first NYE in Atl, spent it sitting around waiting for “systems” to flip to 1/1/2000 rather than chasing tail at a NYE party - there were some good ones that year because of the notoriety. Was hands down the most boring NYE of my life. Lots of people had to be on standby thanks to the gubbermint.

For Y2K, I just backdated my computers to 1980 until I sunset the old computers after the hoopla- I don’t need my computers to be clock watchers, they had more important shite to do
I was on a 747 at 45k ft over the Pacific somewhere … not knowing which time zone Y2K was centered on. I just ordered 2 margaritas and said “ fvck it”. I woke up in Shanghai which was a day ahead.

Reactions: Reasoned
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT