ADVERTISEMENT

The End Zone - May 11th Edition

LukeFeddersen

Jun 14, 2001
Please remember and abide by the rules of The End Zone. The End Zone is for Iowa prep fans only. Whatever is said in The End Zone, must stay in The End Zone.

This week's recruiting updates: Matt Goodman, Mason Neisen, Donovan Doyle, Colin Weber, Pete Menage, Connor Murrell, Denison Harrington, Nathan Karsjens, Nick Yarkosky, and Johnny Sullivan.

..........................................................................................................................................
Iowa City West linebacker Donovan Doyle

On Iowa
"I'm obviously very interested in Iowa as a football school due to my close ties. I have the greatest respect for their program and I went on their junior day visit in March. I am hoping to get an opportunity to play there but first I have to take care of business this upcoming year and help my team have success."

College camps
"It really depends on where I want to play football or if I want to wrestle in college. I love doing both but I'll have to make my mind up at some points. I'll be visiting Harvard and Brown both for football and wrestling. I have a good ACT score and I just took the SAT this weekend so we'll see."

College visits
"No, not really. I was just training and wrestling on the weekends."

A sporting lean
"I am just keeping my options open."

Coaches visiting the school
"Iowa State and Drake."

Coaches messaging him
"I think it was Augustana in South Dakota, NIU, and I don’t remember all of them. It was basically right after the wrestling season."

Wrestling recruiting
"Air Force, Stanford, Harvard, Brown and that is about it. For wrestling, I have it narrowed down unless someone shows me a lot of interest."

..........................................................................................................................................
Denver lineman Mason Neisen

College camps
"I'm going to an Iowa one and also an Iowa State one."

Letters
"I haven't had any recently but last year I got one from Upper Iowa."

A favorite college growing up
"I was a big Iowa fan when I was younger because of my dad. I have also started to become more of an Iowa State fan."

Crestwood lineman Matt Goodman

College camps
"Hopefully yes. I want to go down to U of Iowa and possibly UNI."

Basketball recruiting
"It has basically been Luther sending a few letters and also Wartburg. it has been schools like that."

Football recruiting
"I have been getting letters and camp invites from Iowa, UNI, North Dakota State, and South Dakota."

Interest from Iowa
"They had a guy at the school asking about a few of our players. Drake has been there as well. I've also been getting mail."

Visits
"I haven't set anything up."

West Delaware linebacker Colin Weber

Camps
"I'll be doing UNI, North Dakota State, Grand View, Upper Iowa, and a bunch more."

Recruiting
"It has been UNI, Dakota State, Concordia University, Clarke University, Simpson College, and Buena Vista. I have been getting junior day invites from those schools."

Visits
"I was only able to visit UNI but got invited to Mankato State this spring but my dad got sick and wasn’t able to go."

The UNI trip
"I thought it was awesome and I loved the coaches. They really showed us the makeup of their program. I've been to their camps before and I know that they love their players and make them better people too. The academics at UNI are lined up with something I want to into in the future."

Central Lyn, GLR quarterback Pete Menage

Recruiting
"I have visited UNI, SDSU, USD, and St. Cloud State. I also want to take a visit up to Northwestern quite a bit."

The visits
"There are a lot of good places around here and coaches who know what they are doing. The Midwest is very sound football wise."

A favorite trip
"I liked South Dakota State and USD. I liked SDSU quite a bit because I have been around there my entire life. I like both programs a lot."

Recruiting the hardest
"Northwestern is on me the hardest."

College camps
"I'm going to four or five individual camps as well as our team camp at SDSU. I'll be going to Minnesota, UNI, SDSU,USD, Augie, and possibly Mankato State."

Sioux City East guard Connor Murrell

Recruiting
"I got a letter from Drake and my high school coach has talked to UNI, UNO, and South Dakota State."

Visits
"No, not yet."

Plans for visits
"Not as of now."

Recruiting the hardest
"Probably Drake."

A favorite
"Not really. I don’t know a lot about each one yet."

Cedar Falls athlete Denison Harrington

College camps
"I have five camps in June. Off the top of my head, it is Iowa, Iowa State, UNI, and Western Illinois. I can't think of any others."

Recruiting
"I have gotten a lot of mail from UNI, Iowa State, Missouri, Western Illinois, and North Dakota State."

Visits
"I have visited Upper Iowa, UNI, and Wartburg."

The UNI trip
"I liked UNI a lot. I liked their defensive back coach a lot."

Recruiting the hardest
"It has been UNI, North Dakota State, and Western Illinois."

AGWSR forward Nathan Karsjens

Recruiting
"I've heard from South Dakota State, North Dakota, and South Dakota. I have also heard from some of the Division II and III schools but I can't remember the names."

Visits
"I haven't done any visits yet."

Albia lineman Nick Yarkosky

College camps
"I'm going to at least two at Iowa State. I think I'll go to two at Augustana in South Dakota, maybe one at Iowa Western, and possibly Nebraska."

Recruiting
"I actually just went to the Buena Vista junior day. Then I've been getting emails from Augustana and a few other schools."

The Buena Vista trip
"I really enjoyed it. I liked the coaching staff and how they took their time to talk to each player visiting. I got to see how their classes and stuff work."

Recruiting the hardest
"I couldn’t really say."

A favorite
"Not necessarily."

Clinton athlete Johnny Sullivan

A favorite sport
"No, it is kind of undecided right now."

Recruiting letters
"I have had some smaller colleges for football.

The schools
"I don’t remember them off hand."

A favorite college growing up
"Just the Hawkeyes."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News