ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Openings

Apr 2, 2015
With the season beginning to wrap up for most teams and the playoffs continuing to march on, figured it was getting closer to the time where coaching openings might start to pop up so figured I'd start the thread

Sibley Ocheyedan is open, has been for a while after their coach was fired midseason, are there any other openings?

I think I saw Roosevelt was open on Teach Iowa. Not sure if that one is still active.

Would imagine there might be a few more this year or maybe not.

Hey Parker D,

Is NT going 8man?

I have no idea. I certainly haven't heard anything, and would be surprised if they did, but really only talked to one person one time and he just mentioned that they were looking for a new head coach.

why was the sibley coach fired, saw the Hartley Melvin job was open

Sleeping on an air mattress in his classroom with an elementary student.

The HMS job should be one to watch. Hasn't been open in a while, though they've fallen off considerably the last couple of years.

Not really a coaching opening - more of a "tale of interest."

Longtime Cedar Rapids Washington AD and head football coach Paul James is retiring from teaching/ADing. James had been the coach for many years prior to the Tony Lombardi experiment, and returned to the post when Wash let Lombardi go.

James does intend to reapply for the head coaching job, though, so it's only kinda-sorta open. I guess since he's retiring he has to retire from everything, but he does want to stay on (or come back, actually) as coach.

So the same as Gary Swenson last year, and Randy Hinkel, and Butch Pederson, and so many before, it really isn't that uncommon.

Speaking of Randy Hinkel, will that job be filled within or will the look outside?

So the same as Gary Swenson last year, and Randy Hinkel, and Butch Pederson, and so many before, it really isn't that uncommon.

Speaking of Randy Hinkel, will that job be filled within or will the look outside?
It has already been filled from within, by longtime assistant Steve Perkins.

Not really a coaching opening - more of a "tale of interest."

Longtime Cedar Rapids Washington AD and head football coach Paul James is retiring from teaching/ADing. James had been the coach for many years prior to the Tony Lombardi experiment, and returned to the post when Wash let Lombardi go.

James does intend to reapply for the head coaching job, though, so it's only kinda-sorta open. I guess since he's retiring he has to retire from everything, but he does want to stay on (or come back, actually) as coach.

I always thought his last hire as AD would be Mo Blue as the head football coach. Anyway, the day that Paul James does leave, that job should be open for about 5 seconds. That's more than enough time to have Mo Blue sign the contract.

Any updates on any of these jobs?

From what I've heard is that it's the Mt. Vernon's HC job to lose for the opening at Marion, also heard they interviewed a coach from Osky, as well as Linn-Mar coach as well, so looks like they are setting it up for the MV coach imho, just by looking at the candidates they brought in along side him...

But I'm new to the message boards so take what I say with a grain of salt

From what I've heard is that it's the Mt. Vernon's HC job to lose for the opening at Marion, also heard they interviewed a coach from Osky, as well as Linn-Mar coach as well, so looks like they are setting it up for the MV coach imho, just by looking at the candidates they brought in along side him...

But I'm new to the message boards so take what I say with a grain of salt
Curious which coach from Osky interviewed? Offensive, defensive assistant, lower level? Osky has their own opening still.

A couple assistants and not sure about others for Osky. Heard some speculation but hate to say names not knowing for sure. Some of the head coaches interviewing probably want to remain anonymous if they don't get it.

Reactions: hawxs22
Bump and new listings, or names of people who got jobs?

Looks like Marion will be filled by an Asst coach from Linn-Mar... Don't know who he is but that's the word on the street. Kind of is surprising that they didn't pick someone that actually has head coaching experience to fill the position if I'm honest

PNation do you have any information on either one of those guys you mentioned... Haven't heard of either one before, kind of thought Marion would go for a big name I'm sure that must of been an attractive job for a lot of coaches, just can't imagine they didn't have a lot of interest

From what I have read off of twitter, and Footballscoop it looks like Lovell was an assistant at Linn-Mar, and Jenkins was a teacher at Osky but coached at William Penn, and his dad was a long time coach at Newton.

And sometimes the "Big Name" isn't always the best candidate for the school, and some guys just aren't a big name yet, as they haven't had their chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT