ADVERTISEMENT

Class assignments out

UnionHawk

Freshman
Jan 25, 2002
I see that the Iahsaa has released the class assignments for schools based on enrollment. I find it interesting to see what happens and this year Decorah is the smallest 3A team with 460 students in 9th-12th grade. Grinnell is the largest 2A school with 445 students. The the smallest schools are Clarksville, Riceville and HVL, Victor each with 71 students in 9-12th. Thinking about that makes me wonder how they can fill out a 14 weight line up. Assuming half the school are boys that means there are 35 kids to make up a basketball team and a 14 member varsity lineup not to mention JV, soph and freshman teams for both sports.

This post was edited on 10/10 9:32 PM by UnionHawk

Actually, the BEDS document numbers reflect the student population 9-11 grade on September 15th of last fall. The schools reported their population this September 15th, 9-11 grades, for next year. But your point is made that they have few kids to fill out teams for 2 sports.

Originally posted by UnionHawk:
I see that the Iahsaa has released the class assignments for schools based on enrollment. I find it interesting to see what happens and this year Decorah is the smallest 3A team with 460 students in 9th-12th grade. Grinnell is the largest 2A school with 445 students. The the smallest schools are Clarksville, Riceville and HVL, Victor each with 71 students in 9-12th. Thinking about that makes me wonder how they can fill out a 14 weight line up. Assuming half the school are boys that means there are 35 kids to make up a basketball team and a 14 member varsity lineup not to mention JV, soph and freshman teams for both sports.

This post was edited on 10/10 9:32 PM by UnionHawk
Riceville has been with St. Ansgar. That arrangement must be over.

Why doesn't Osage take St. Ansgar? It isn't like that would push them into 3A. It would only make them stronger.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT