ADVERTISEMENT

Class 1A District Predictions

IGo42

Freshman
Sep 10, 2019
Let's see what your predictions of what Class 1A might look like, and who you think might be the district champions.

I'll take a shot:

D1
West Sioux
OABCIG
Ridgeview
MVAOCOU
Lawton-Bronson
Hinton

D2
Emmetsburg
Sioux Central
Pocahontas
East Sac
Manson NW Webster
Eagle Grove

D3
Grundy Center
Dike
AP
South Hamilton
South Hardin
Central Springs

D4
MFL MarMac
Wat. Columbus
Denver
Sumner-Fred
Dyersville Beckman
Hudson

D5
West Branch
Regina
Cascade
Alburnett
Wilton
Durant

D6
Pella Christian
Sig-Keota
Pleasantville
East Marshall
Eddyvile-Blakesburg
Cardinal

D7
Woodward Granger
West Central Valley
Ogden
Colfax Mingo
Nodaway Valley
Grandview Christian

D8
Underwood
Treynor
AHSTW
Missouri Valley
Red Oak
Shenandoah

With Van Meter and ACGC changing classes, that really opens up D7 around the Des Moines area. I believe Districts #1, #3, & #4 would be the toughest overall districts in 2023 in this scenario.

Last edited:
Central Springs isn't close to anyone in Class 1A. It's a 157 miles from Central Springs to Dyersville Beckman, that would be a looong bus ride.....

I think they will move DNH or AP to district 2 and PC to district 7. Otherwise District 2 and 7 are absolutely horrible. District 3 is completely stacked. There is no way that the state will have a district where the 4th best team is better than the #1 team in 2 other districts.
I do not know how they will divide it, but something is going to give I think.

Teams from each district that made it to at least the quarterfinals in any division last year:
D1 - 2
D2 -0
D3 - 1
D4 - 1
D5 - 1
D6 - 2
D7 - 0
D8 - 2

My big change is that South Hamilton would get moved to D7, which competitively balances things out. D3 would have 3 teams that had undefeated/one-loss records going into the postseason last year as it would stand in PNation's predictions and I think the state wants to avoid that at all costs.

I think you replace South Hamilton with Columbus Catholic in D4, and D5 replaces Cascade with S-K, followed by Colfax-Mingo replacing S-K in D6 and South Hamilton going in C-M's spot in D7.

My big change is that South Hamilton would get moved to D7, which competitively balances things out. D3 would have 3 teams that had undefeated/one-loss records going into the postseason last year as it would stand in PNation's predictions and I think the state wants to avoid that at all costs.

I think you replace South Hamilton with Columbus Catholic in D4, and D5 replaces Cascade with S-K, followed by Colfax-Mingo replacing S-K in D6 and South Hamilton going in C-M's spot in D7.
That looks better, but I thought they may go D2 since they are farther north. But I do agree, that even though D3 had 1 make it to quarters last year, that is still by far the most stacked district. I am not sure how AP will be this year but Dike is a perenial power as is Grundy.

District 5 is no slouch in that prediction. Going to miss playing some of those schools. Maybe we’ll set up non-district games with them.
Perhaps. How will the PI Dogs be? Me thinks they will drop off.

PI - Post Isley

Perhaps. How will the PI Dogs be? Me thinks they will drop off.

PI - Post Isley
Not sure. New QB, new RB and new TE. Good news is they return 4 of 5 OL. Offense will definitely be different without Isley, but they have some pieces if they step up. Fortunately, they’ll probably be in a far easier district in 2A. Staying healthy at QB will be key especially with lack of experience for all QB’s. I think the defense may be impacted more by the loss of last years seniors than offense, not downplaying their importance and ability on offense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT