ADVERTISEMENT

Changes Announced for 2018

1A football will be very good in 2018.
Just in the eastern side of the state alone it sounds like there is a good chance to have AP, Dike, Denver, Hudson, Cascade, Dyersville Beckman, West Branch, Regina, Wilton, and maybe Pella Christian.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Durant almost beat West Branch so he thinks they are good. That's how deep that analysis went.

Yep. That's exactly why.
Nothing more, Nothing less.
They put up numbers. In class A, if you have a couple of players that can move the ball you are going to be successful. The Cats return a bunch of players. If in 1A, it will be status quo. If in A, they may make the playoffs for the first time since I have no idea when.

Not sure if I understand that one. Haven't seen them play. Would be surprised if they make noise in any class next year. Won 4 games--those 4 teams won a combined 7 games! They look like they return their QB, top RB, and one WR. Lose 10 seniors out of 39 players. Does not necessarily look like a formula for success, especially without any tradition to build upon. I'm not holding my breath. If they do turn out to be good, I will eat crow on this one.

and return 4 OL, including Big Joe Lilienthal.
games are won and lost up front.

Yep. That's exactly why.
Nothing more, Nothing less.
They put up numbers. In class A, if you have a couple of players that can move the ball you are going to be successful. The Cats return a bunch of players. If in 1A, it will be status quo. If in A, they may make the playoffs for the first time since I have no idea when.

When did they make the playoffs last? I got nothing I can recall.

I ran in to a guy last night who was saying Durant would be good as well. I told him the same thing. There may be a method to your madness. I will give you kudoz if it happens!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT