ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Rapids Prairie Job

woodsiding

Freshman
Jan 1, 2012
This spot is gold mine for someone. They have a lot going right at Prairie. My question is could you see Dustin Coufal coming back to his high school and bringing his DC Elite kids with him? Prairie would essentially have an Eastern Iowa All-Star roster.

This wrestling board is awful. Other than the schools that live on recruits/transfers/move-ins, Prairie is the best 4A program in the state and no one has anything to add to the conversation.

Prairie is NOT the best 4A school other than transfers and move ins. In fact, no one is. Don't complain about this board being awful when you don't even know that there are only 3 classes in wrestling - 1A, 2A, and 3A. When you are done using your hands to pull your foot out of your mouth, type me a reply. For everyone else, yes, this is a very good job!!!!!

Originally posted by Saints85:
Prairie is NOT the best 4A school other than transfers and move ins. In fact, no one is. Don't complain about this board being awful when you don't even know that there are only 3 classes in wrestling - 1A, 2A, and 3A. When you are done using your hands to pull your foot out of your mouth, type me a reply. For everyone else, yes, this is a very good job!!!!!
Obviously, there are 3 classes, my typo. That's not a foot in mouth situation.

I do believe Prairie is the best job wrestling job in the state. Several decades of consistent results, great kids program, a community that supports wrestling, great resources, etc.

Id like to see if Kane Thompson is interested in the job. He obviously has great thing going, so he may not be.

OILCHECKER, seems to me you used to somehow be connected to the Prairie program or at least used to comment on them occasionally. Maybe I'm misremembering that. Have you heard anything about this position?

A thread on the predicament says that there are 4 candidates: Kane Thompson, Clayton Rush, Brett Wheelan, and Matt Hatcher.

The first two would be great hires. Brett Wheelan did a nice job at Waterloo West, nothing eye-catching, but who knows what he could do at an established program. Hatcher seems like a stretch, he has done anything at Wash to show he deserves a better program.

A thread on the predicament says that there are 4 candidates: Kane Thompson, Clayton Rush, Brett Wheelan, and Matt Hatcher.

The first two would be great hires. Brett Wheelan did a nice job at Waterloo West, nothing eye-catching, but who knows what he could do at an established program. Hatcher seems like a stretch, he has done anything at Wash to show he deserves a better program.

Those are just the names of a few people (among many) that showed interest in the job.

There are guys interested that already have coaching jobs elsewhere and I don't think it would be fair to them to list their names. It could cause hard feelings at their current schools. Not trying to be cute or make it sound like I'm cool because I know something you don't. Lots of good candidates. I think whoever they hire is going to be fine and Prairie should continue to be a top 10, if not top 4-6 team year in and year out, for quite some time. But if they can get the right guy they have everything in place to take it to the next level.

I would guess that they reach out to Clayton Rush. I don't know if being a full time assistant at Coe is a better job than Alburnett though.

Rush would be a great get for any program. May have been risky for a school like Prairie, but would be fantastic to get in for Alburnette.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT