ADVERTISEMENT

3A State Predictions

PNation

Varsity
Aug 15, 2010
Substate 1- 3 really good teams in this substate, but I think Heelan gets out of it

Substate 2- Again 3 good teams Clear Lake has had the best season but wouldn't be surprised to see Decorah come out of here

Substate 3- A lot of quality WaMaC teams but I think that Assumption probably gets out of here

Substate 4- Typical SE Iowa district that Chariton should come out of

Substate 5- Benton is the best team, but they have struggled at times this year, as has every team in this substate, there are some good pitchers so most anyone could probably win this substate

Substate 6- To me this is another toss up, probably have to go with Norwalk

Substate 7- Boone and Humboldt are probably the best teams, but again no team stands out

Substate 8- Glenwood and Harlan are probably the favorites here

Baseball is a fun games because you can have some upsets that shouldn't happen when you only have to win 1 game against a better team, the state really didn't balance these substates out very well, either feast or famine it seems to me

Substate 1 is ridiculous with #1 Heelan, #3 LeMars, and #9 Storm Lake. Plus Boyden Hull and Sergeant Bluff both have solid ball clubs. Heelan is the favorite, but honestly any of these five teams could get hot and make a run.

Great first round matchups. LeMars vs. MOC/FV and BHRV vs SBL. I could see anyone coming out of this district. Thoughts? The MOC/FV and BHRV have been up and down all year. Neither have a great 1&2 starter that it takes to get through. have seen LeMars and they are pretty damn good. I have not seen SBL, but know they have good athletes.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT