ADVERTISEMENT

$300 per child per month payments start in July

Orange_N_White

All District
Dec 1, 2005
This ought to get inflation going....printing free money every month and encouraging people NOT to work

more failed welfare state

defend this gator

dumbass

It can never be stopped....UBI

Buying more votes

turning us into Venezuela

this is what you get when a “Republican “ votes democrat because of mean tweets

• Angry
Reactions: BamaFan1137
I don’t agree with it so I won’t attempt to defend it.
I think it’s time to start reducing the payola now that vaccination is approaching 50% and a reasonable workforce is now available. Economy will still be out of whack for at least another 3-4 months because of supply chain disconnects.... but should rebound and even overtake pre-COVID19 numbers.

Last edited:
I think it’s time to start reducing the payola now that vaccination is approaching 50% and a reasonable workforce is now available. Economy will still be out of whack for at least another 3-4 months because of supply chain disconnects.... but should rebound and even overtake pre-COVID19 numbers.

its not just supply chain from china

part of the supply chain you keep yammering on about is -

- Number of loads per driver continues to rise which is driving up costs

- manufacturing jobs , the cost of labor is going up

warehouse job , cost of unskillled labor to load and unload

Unavailable retail workers , the workers have gone from $10 to $15 overnight

labor cost is driving inflation

Connecticut is offering $1k bonuses for people to actually go get a job that lasts at least 8 weeks. Offering enticements to go to work. SMFH

Connecticut is offering $1k bonuses for people to actually go get a job that lasts at least 8 weeks. Offering enticements to go to work. SMFH

warehouse jobs have more turnover than ever. High demand means higher wages plus sign on bonuses. Workers go somewhere for 90 days, get the bonus, go to the next warehouse. Those companies are paying 30% more for employees that they can’t retain

Reactions: billywayneluck
I agree with all but “should rebound and even overtake pre-COVID-19 numbers”. Although the economy will most certainly “rebound” (it has to just by business reopenings and pent up demand), I don’t believe it will return to its pre-1/1/20 health due to current policies.

Last edited:
Tell that to your hero Fauchi. He keeps stirring the pot. I was on board with him last year but the last 3-6 months has shown he wants to prolong his time in the spotlight vs do what’s right for our nation.

And for that, fook him.

I see the impacts on production and supply chain as well. Yes it should stabilize with time - but not as much if people are paid to stay at home vs work. Perhaps that is only a domestic problem, and maybe it’s not happening in the Gator bubble you live in there in Winston County, but it is a real problem everywhere else.

Not to mention the inflationary effects of all that extra spending on this programs. When that bill truly comes due we are all going to feel it.

Last edited:
warehouse jobs have more turnover than ever. High demand means higher wages plus sign on bonuses. Workers go somewhere for 90 days, get the bonus, go to the next warehouse. Those companies are paying 30% more for employees that they can’t retain
This.

I've seen some arguments that this is highlighting some disparity in wages for some jobs. I'm willing to admit that might be the case. However, while raising wages might be a good deal for the workers that can get it, there are effects on the rest of the system. How many workers get those higher wages? Employers have to manage costs and may hire fewer people. They may ask them to do more to earn said higher wage. Also increased operating expenses have a way of being paid for by the consumers.

It's a bigger question than just "so and so should make more $ per hour for what they do." That's why I think there should be some consideration, but hope those involved proceed carefully. The cure may be worse than the ailment it was trying to address.

Glad you mentioned that $15 wage. By giving everyone the stay at home incentives, they have forced the $15/hr on businesses just so they can find employees. Pretty slick move by the pinko commies, but they got it done.

This.

I've seen some arguments that this is highlighting some disparity in wages for some jobs. I'm willing to admit that might be the case. However, while raising wages might be a good deal for the workers that can get it, there are effects on the rest of the system. How many workers get those higher wages? Employers have to manage costs and may hire fewer people. They may ask them to do more to earn said higher wage. Also increased operating expenses have a way of being paid for by the consumers.

It's a bigger question than just "so and so should make more $ per hour for what they do." That's why I think there should be some consideration, but hope those involved proceed carefully. The cure may be worse than the ailment it was trying to address.
Free markets work every time they’re tried.

Creating a need for all the illegals that have been flooding the border... theyll take the jobs “Americans won’t do” like dems have pushed before and then we’ll have to take care of all the unemployed Americans who “can’t find” jobs... who could have seen this coming?

Reactions: dhetiger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT