ADVERTISEMENT

2020-21 Coaching Openings

Updated List (help me out if I missed anything or got something wrong)

Open Jobs (and person who filled if filled)

Iowa City High- Mitchell Moore
Linn-Mar- Tim Lovell
DSM Roosevelt - Jared Barnett
Waukee NW - Corey Kopatich
Marion - Michael Joyner
Charles City - Bryan Bjorklund
Carroll - Craig Rowedder
LeMars - Ken Vigdal
Red Oak - Michael Nordeen
Woodward Granger - Cory Crkovich
Clarion Goldfield Dows -
Mount Ayr -
Lawton Bronson-Jason Garnand
Ar-We-Va -
Waukee - Gabe Baaker
Clayton Ridge - Matt Moser
Atlantic - Joe Brummer
Maquoketa - Riley Brockway
IC Liberty - James Harris
Wapsie Valley - Duane Foster
Hampton Dumont -
Clarke -
Clear Creek - Matt Haddy
BCLUW -
Belmond Klemme -
Cresco Crestwood - Justin Denner
Tipton - Taul Noard
GMG -
Washington -
Denison - Kamari Cotton-Moya
Ames -
Pekin - Klynt Weber
H-M-S - Jay Eilers
West Burlington -
Emmetsburg -
Moravia -

Rumor has it the Grinnell coach took the Ames job so add Grinnell to the list

Well, Brian Sauser’s oldest son Dodge was recruited by Iowa State and will be attending ISU this fall, so that makes sense. His younger son Dallas was starting QB for Grinnell as both a freshman and sophomore, so guess who has an inside track for the Ames QB job (if this is an accurate rumor).

His father was the long time coach at North Mahaska and was very successful, I heard from a very reliable source that he wanted that job when his dad retired, but there was no way they were hiring. He was hired at Cardinal and Central Lee and has been less than stellar at either one.

Well, Brian Sauser’s oldest son Dodge was recruited by Iowa State and will be attending ISU this fall, so that makes sense. His younger son Dallas was starting QB for Grinnell as both a freshman and sophomore, so guess who has an inside track for the Ames QB job (if this is an accurate rumor).
He resigned from Grinnell today

Was he less popular than the previous coach who more or less ran a proud program into the ground?

With many cheers. He was a huge frustration for the coaches of other sports. And excessively unpopular among his 3A peers. Running the score up to 80 points against Oskaloosa was exceptional poor form and risk to his starters for keeping them in during a blowout. His son should have never been playing as a freshman... a total lack of concern for his health the kid was 115 pounds soaking wet.
He never seems to stay in one place very long. Curious to see who their candidates are

He never seems to stay in one place very long. Curious to see who their candidates are
He turned the Grinnell program around. He will turn the Ames program around. He knows how to run a football program. Grinnell is in a pinch and he will be tough to replace. If his son has good receivers in Ames they will light it up as he is excellent. I've heard the biggest difference between him and his predecessor was the establishment and improvement of a strength and conditioning program.

Last edited:
Sauser has been a winner, but yeah, he’s kind of a vagabond. After several good years at Iowa City West, he took an assistant job in Oklahoma. A few years later, in the spring he agreed to take the head job at West Burlington, but then he bailed on that job just before the season started to go back south for another assistant job. He got Grinnell turned into a pretty good team by last season - a solid contender in their district plus a shutout win over Pella in the playoffs.

Running up the score & not being popular with other coaches, yes, that kind of reputation has been with him ever since he was at IC West, at least.

Reactions: Hwkfn1 and hawxs22
North Tama is posted, I wonder where their coach is going, he was there for only 1 year

Well his son will have to ride the pine this year because Tamin Lipsey is the QB for Ames and I have a hard time believing that the power 5 athlete will be unseated from his starting job

Well his son will have to ride the pine this year because Tamin Lipsey is the QB for Ames and I have a hard time believing that the power 5 athlete will be unseated from his starting job
Assuming Lipsey goes out for football. It's my understanding that he almost didn't this last fall not to mention they have a to be sophomore that is very talented. All that said I highly doubt he benches his kid which could result in a very rocky start at Ames. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out.

Assuming Lipsey goes out for football. It's my understanding that he almost didn't this last fall not to mention they have a to be sophomore that is very talented. All that said I highly doubt he benches his kid which could result in a very rocky start at Ames. It will be interesting to see how that all plays out.
He almost didn’t because he was recovering from a torn Acl, he’s a competitor and I would be extremely surprised to not see him playing the sport this fall

there are other positions where they could use an athlete like Lipsey or even his son if he’s a good athlete. Don’t know either but I’m guessing he’d find a spot. If not, then it’s not a good look for him not to be a team player and going D1.

I think I saw that his son is going to play at Morningside so that might have something to do with it.

"Regina didn’t wait long to find its new head football coach announcing a familiar face as the leader of its storied program.

Regina announced in a release on Wednesday that long-time assistant coach Jason Dumont would be named interim head coach pending board approval.

Dumont takes over for Marv Cook who announced on May 27 he was stepping down after leading Regina to seven state titles in 14 seasons as head coach."

https://yourprepsports.com/2021/06/09/regina-defensive-coordinator-dumont-named-interim-head-coach/

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT