ADVERTISEMENT

1A Predictions

Additionally, BC MOORE Rankings for 2014 are based 100% on 2013 power scores/results. The computer has no idea which team returns which players

So you're saying that D7 or D292 is BCMoore's #2 district has no bearing on the reality.

Reality looks at the best teams and that weighs heavily on the overall power.

D6 has one team that will stand alone, and about 3-4 teams that will contend for 2nd. (just an example of what I am saying)

Originally posted by BlameIt:
DarkThunder61

Thanks for doing all the leg work. (I knew you wouldn't so......
3dgrin.r191677.gif
)

My point is that by showing what a team does or doesn't have returning, you are contending that I shouldn't say D7 is one of the weaker districts in the class. (Ummmm.......yes?)

Side note: BCMoore's ratings mean nothing to me. (I kinda figured that, and alluded to such a possibility more than once) I have said it once, I will say it 100 more times - COMPUTERS DO NOT PLAY FOOTBALL. He had the state champion as the #2 team AFTER the season a couple of years ago (Regina) (Good?.....
devil.r191677.gif
)

HERE is the proof: http://ia.bcmoorerankings.com/fb/2012/playoff5/1ARank.html

Lost full respect for his rankings after that. (And?)

I just wanted to prove to you that your theory of listing who a team has or doesn't have returning means very little for the better programs. (But that wasn't what I was trying to disprove. I even pointed out there are teams that are considered exceptions. I'm saying what I do works for me. With that said.....what a team returns, or doesn't, USUALLY has meaning for that school. I do also apply how a team finishes the year before. Not sure if that's a factor you don't think I include. That's the first thing I mentioned when talking about D7. All but one of the 7 teams in that district was a playoff qualifier.

Lastly, you're not exactly adding any leg work to show why you have each district where you do, and why D7 is weaker by comparison to say D5 with their 4 teams that didn't reach the playoffs last year. So far the only thing I have to go on is that you're basing it on the history of the projected top teams in each district. Do Wilton and West Branch alone make D5 (using them as a relevant example) a tougher district than D7? (I'm asking objectively here, in case you're wondering)

The traditional powerhouse teams have a small psychological advantage in a majority of there games based on the fact they have been successful. Please do not argue that. It is very much true. (Again, since I haven't before, I won't start now...
smokin.r191677.gif
)

At any rate, I appreciate your in depth statistics (Thank you.). But you will not change my mind (Damn.). D7 is still in the bottom 4 in my book. (Fair enough........prove it?)

Additionally, BC MOORE Rankings for 2014 are based 100% on 2013 power scores/results. The computer has no idea which team returns which players http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sz0VFa_4JwM

So you're saying that D7 or D292 is BCMoore's #2 district has no bearing on the reality. ("I did happen to check BCM's preseason ranks (which are entirely based off of last year's results".......that was a direct quote from my post above.)[/B]
Reality looks at the best teams and that weighs heavily on the overall power. (No, people usually do that. Reality does nothing. It just exists....)

D6 has one team that will stand alone, and about 3-4 teams that will contend for 2nd. (just an example of what I am saying) (And that's your first example, which is nice.)
Btw, just to give you an idea of where I'm coming from, you list St. Edmond as one of your 3 main contenders to Regina in 1A, but they're the only ones whose district isn't in your top 4. So what about the other 6 teams, then, don't you like? It's not their history, alone, is it?

I have done leg work before. I do not need to do it every time.
After September, let's revisit this discussion.

Until then, happy summer.

I have done leg work before. (regarding districts?)
coleman_wtf.gif

From what I can tell in this thread, your leg work amounts to this: "Before we begin, let's go over the ground rules.............St. Edmond will be better than West Branch next year.......and that's it!"
tongue.r191677.gif

BEFORE - a term that can go back as long as I have lived, bro.

I have done MANY district and playoff breakdown on this website. So, for those, I definitely did my homework (aka leg work).

Again, let's chat after week 5.
Originally posted by DarkThunder#61:
I have done leg work before. (regarding districts?)
ec

From what I can tell in this thread, your leg work amounts to this: "Before we begin, let's go over the ground rules.............St. Edmond will be better than West Branch next year.......and that's it!"
tongue.r191677.gif

CID, USF, and BlameIt are the best and most intelligent Class 1A posters .DarkThunder #61 is gaining ground.
BlameIt has my and many other posters' respect on this board. I may not always agree with his opinions (especially on Clayton Ridge) but its obvious the guy is a very good at what he does and says.

My rankings of the districts - 4 5 7 2 6 3 1 8. Should be an exciting year. Regina is obviously the heavy favorite. What does West Lyon bring back?

Went to watch some Prime Time League basketball last night and saw Drew Cook playing. I think he gets bigger every time I see him. It's going to be fun to watch him play this fall for Regina. This will be the first time they've actually had a returning QB during their winning streak.
With his size and the strength he looks to have added, he's going to be tough to handle.

Originally posted by Pinehawk:
Went to watch some Prime Time League basketball last night and saw Drew Cook playing. I think he gets bigger every time I see him. It's going to be fun to watch him play this fall for Regina. This will be the first time they've actually had a returning QB during their winning streak.
With his size and the strength he looks to have added, he's going to be tough to handle.
Not bad for a kid who should be starting for West High.

BEFORE - a term that can go back as long as I have lived, bro. And?....

I have done MANY district and playoff breakdown on this website. So, for those, I definitely did my homework (aka leg work). But not for this thread?

Again, let's chat after week 5. Why not week 9? Btw.............what is it that we're gonna be chatting about?
indifferent.r191677.gif

Again, the only thing I've really argued is that district 7 isn't average to below average (i.e. your 3rd-weakest district), to which you seem to disagree, but haven't really shown why, hence my persistence-just-sayin.....
noidea.gif

IT'S A PROJECTION/OPINION, DarkThunder.

Once you understand the definition of each of those words, you can rest.
Wow, brother, you are really taking this much further than it should have gone.
Does it really matter to you what an internet idiot like me says about a HS football district?

IT'S A PROJECTION/OPINION, DarkThunder.

Once you understand the definition of each of those words, you can rest.
Wow, brother, you are really taking this much further than it should have gone.
Does it really matter to you what an internet idiot like me says about a HS football district?
Truer words have never been spoken
smile.r191677.gif

Heard a rumor that a big lineman from Wilton transferring to West Branch for senior season. Any truth to this? If yes, could be big help to WB.

Excuse me, those are both public schools and we know that doesn't occur at public schools. I can't believe the Regina flyer sent to each of the starters on local schools and all the time spent by the coaches trying to poach other teams players hasn't paid off. :)

Just got word from someone close to the WB program that Jacob Giese, all-state OL/DL from Wilton, will indeed play at West Branch in 2014.

His family will be moving to the district to be closer to a job. 40+ miles less drive everyday from Wilton to IC than WB to IC makes a difference.

So the 'rumor' is truth.

This post was edited on 7/3 11:38 AM by BlameIt

Originally posted by cidhawkeye:

Excuse me, those are both public schools and we know that doesn't occur at public schools. I can't believe the Regina flyer sent to each of the starters on local schools and all the time spent by the coaches trying to poach other teams players hasn't paid off. :)
if it makes you sleep better tonight, know that JG will live with his own family at WB, rather than the starting RB's family.

BlameIt is BACK, baby!

Having been around Giese before, I know he can play FB or TE as well. With WB returning 5 OL, I could see this happening.

Bout time Blame, far more entertaining when you are firing back at people.
thanks boss.

The tiger can only stay locked up in the cage for so long.

Bout time Blame, far more entertaining when you are firing back at people.
thanks boss.

The tiger can only stay locked up in the cage for so long.

All signs are pointing to this being Marv Cook's final year leading the Regals. And, if so...what a run it has been, and what a great foundation he's helped to build.

All signs are pointing to this being Marv Cook's final year leading the Regals. And, if so...what a run it has been, and what a great foundation he's helped to build.
For personal reasons, I love me some Marv Cook.

However, IF this is his final year at ICR, and IF Jason Dumont sticks around to take over, the Regals will not lose a beat. He is a great guy and a very good football coach.

Real nice article in the Press-Citizen about Drew Cook this past weekend...

"Cook knows that some fans already have his future as an Iowa Hawkeye all figured out.Some even tell him face to face that he won't play quarterback for the Hawkeyes.

"They just say Iowa already has two (quarterbacks)," Cook said. "It's not that big of a deal. But it's motivation."

"Every morning I wake up knowing people already had written me off. And so that's just what makes me go that 30 extra seconds when I'm doing quick foot work and that's what makes me get five extra throws."

Drew Cook faces high expectations

Is it fair that A-P produced multiple NFL players? That 2A Solon produced James Morris?
What is that supposed to mean? Great players come out of smaller schools all the time across the state and the country.
He's worked hard to become the great player that he's become.

Is it fair that A-P produced multiple NFL players? That 2A Solon produced James Morris?
What is that supposed to mean? Great players come out of smaller schools all the time across the state and the country.
He's worked hard to become the great player that he's become.
I think you took his post out of context, Pinehawk.

I think he meant, "this kid is really good, he dominates 1A competition."
I don't think he had any hidden agenda.

I know Drew has worked hard. He is a great kid, with a great father. Marv is/was my football hero growing up. Drew is now that for kids at ICR.

Circle of life, man. Circle of life.

Yes, thanks. Nice post. I may have been a bit overly defensive there. ;-)
Drew is a great kid and he has really worked hard.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT