ADVERTISEMENT

Y’all see this deal on MNF?

GwinnettDawg

All Conference
Aug 7, 2001
Never seen anything like this in my life. The dark side of me says that dude died on the field and they were masking it.

Last edited:
Was a terrible scene. Apparently had to use an AED on him and administer CPR on the field.

I thought the same as you that he might be dead right there on the field, but apparently he's still alive at the hospital as of now.

Perhaps he had an underlying heart condition that wasn't known, blood clot broke loose, etc. The hit itself was pretty benign.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Was a terrible scene. Apparently had to use an AED on him and administer CPR on the field.

I thought the same as you that he might be dead right there on the field, but apparently he's still alive at the hospital as of now.

Perhaps he had an underlying heart condition that wasn't known, blood clot broke loose, etc. The hit itself was pretty benign.
Based on what I saw and heard- I’d say it was a severe C1-C2 C-3 compression which is where the nerve bundles exit which control cardiopulmonary function.

As he left - He still had a pulse but respiratory failure on the field. He got up and walked 2-3 steps then fell back and raised his arms- which would indicate that the cord wasn’t severed initially- but might have been further injured when his head hit the turf- then no further motion.

Agree the hit wasn’t that hard… also possible that he had a cerebral aneurysm .

Reactions: Reasoned
Based on what I saw and heard- I’d say it was a severe C1-C2 C-3 compression which is where the nerve bundles exit which control cardiopulmonary function.

As he left - He still had a pulse but respiratory failure on the field. He got up and walked 2-3 steps then fell back and raised his arms- which would indicate that the cord wasn’t severed initially- but might have been further injured when his head hit the turf- then no further motion.

Agree the hit wasn’t that hard… also possible that he had a cerebral aneurysm .

I didn't really see anything in the hit that would cause that severe spinal injury, but you can't always tell from the video. Isn't that basically what happened to that Tulane player in 2012? I haven't gone back and watched it after seeing it the first time or two.

Cardiac arrest imo.
Too sudden IMO … normally I’d expect an MI victim to go to his knees under control. This guy went limp- Praying for the best for him and his family. I have a son that age and it hurt me to watch it.

Yeah I was watching the game and just couldn’t believe the hit was that violent but if at the precise location and other factors who knows

MI and cardiac arrest are not the same thing.
Yes… I know that. I was a paramedic for several years… but asymptomatic asystole is extremely rare. Cardiac arrest ( asystole) is not a condition- it’s a result. Anyone who dies from anything suffers cardiac arrest. The NFL puts the players through extremely intense CV stress tests. Any underlying congenital causes would usually be picked up on an EKG or imaging. . But we are all just guessing here.

Last edited:

That vaccine may be the culprit.

Reactions: ZosoDawg
I have seen that theory elsewhere. Apparently a few European soccer players have just fallen out similarly.

My doctor brother told me to go get a heart scan at 50. That is about the time some males get the "widow maker". They can catch it with a scan. They slow your heart rate down, shoot a radioactive dye in you, and trace it with very high resolution pictures of the heart and can see as little as a 5% blockage. I would suggest everybody go get one of these scans. Kinda like changing the timing belt just to make sure. Insurance will pay for it.. just say you are having some chest pains.

I have seen that theory elsewhere. Apparently a few European soccer players have just fallen out similarly.

Given the timing of cardiac arrest immediately following him getting hit in the chest, I don’t think a vaccine injury is the most likely cause. It could be a contributing factor, but there’s no way to know right now.

Given the timing of cardiac arrest immediately following him getting hit in the chest, I don’t think a vaccine injury is the most likely cause. It could be a contributing factor, but there’s no way to know right now.
Anybody who’d take the vaccine would prolly take a dik as well.

My doctor brother told me to go get a heart scan at 50. That is about the time some males get the "widow maker". They can catch it with a scan. They slow your heart rate down, shoot a radioactive dye in you, and trace it with very high resolution pictures of the heart and can see as little as a 5% blockage. I would suggest everybody go get one of these scans. Kinda like changing the timing belt just to make sure. Insurance will pay for it.. just say you are having some chest pains.
I just recently did my cardiac work up and they spotted a pattern of mild arrhythmias .I had to wear a harness for about a week which sent in telemetry to a recording center. Some arrhythmias don’t show up unless you are under physiological stress. It will be interesting to know if he had a condition that was missed.

I just recently did my cardiac work up and they spotted a pattern of mild arrhythmias .I had to wear a harness for about a week which sent in telemetry to a recording center. Some arrhythmias don’t show up unless you are under physiological stress. It will be interesting to know if he had a condition that was missed.
Good thing you did it…. I had minor calcium build up but nothing bad and everything looked OK.. I asked the doc if he thought my sticker was going to peck out for another 25 years…. He said yea probably.

Reactions: BamaFan1137
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT