5. Pleasant Valley
6. Ankeny Centennial
7. Ames
8. Bettendorf
9. Linn-Mar
10. Dowling
11. Muscatine
12. IC High

I'm pretty comfortable in saying CMB should be ranked in 2A. They're as good as or better than West Marshall and very close to North Polk, right now, and that's without their #2 runner, Winter Brown.

Agree with SSG, CMB was second last night at Nevada behind North Polk. West Marshall was third, East Marshall was fourth and Southeast Valley fifth. Other than not having CMB overall, I like your rankings. Seem to be more accurate than IATC.

BTW, for the record, I will fully admit my daughter runs for CMB (her twin brother is the #1 on the boys team), she's one of their 3 FR running varsity. However, I try to look at it from an honest perspective and take my bias out and be realistic.

I appreciate the information since a good chunk of meets are tough to find final places and stuff. I will definitely consider the information from above when doing the final rankings. With a good runner out for CM, I was somewhat iffy on them but from the sounds of it, they seem to be doing quite well.

Here's how NP, WM and CMB scored last night...

Grades in ()

NP - 6 (10), 7 (9), 11 (10), 15 (12), 19 (9)
CMB - 9 (11), 10 (9), 14 (9), 16 (9), 28 (12)
WM - 2 (10), 12 (11), 21 (12), 22 (9), 27 (12)

It's going to be a good competition next year too, given the numbers each have coming back. I think I mentioned before, the FR that scored for WM is open enrolled from CMB (a long, non XC related story) and would give them a really good shot at the state title next year if she had stayed. WM also has a 2nd FR that has scored for them at most of their meets, she wasn't last night, but she's generally been better than that last SR.

There will be a good fight for 2nd in the HOIAC, behind Gilbert.

Oh, and NP and CMB's coaches were talking, they are both expecting to end up in Shenandoah for districts. That 3 hour drive will suck.

And lastly, just saw the updated rankings... NP 9, CMB 11, EM 12, WM 14, South Hardin (team to watch)... so some good teams there last night (plus SE Valley).

And SE Valley beat South Hardin by 64 last night! I'm not surprised if N. Polk goes to Shenendoah, but CMB? That has to be closer to 4 hours isn't it? Southeast Valley played football there a week ago and it was a three hour bus ride for the football team to get there.

Last edited:
And SE Valley beat South Hardin by 64 last night! I'm not surprised if N. Polk goes to Shenendoah, but CMB? That has to be closer to 4 hours isn't it? Southeast Valley played football there a week ago and it was a three hour bus ride for the football team to get there.

I think there's a thread about this in the CX/TF forum, but the 2A sites are Monticello, Columbus, Shenandoah, Orange City and Dike-New Hartford. D-NH is the closest, probably for both NP and CMB, but it's a numbers game. A few of the schools closer to Shenandoah than either of those two are closer to OC than Shenandoah, which could leave open spots in SW Iowa. However, I'll admit, I'm not sure how many 2A schools are in SW or NW Iowa.

It will be interesting next year, I'd put money of CMB dropping to 1A for most sports. Baxter's enrollment is holding pretty steady, but C-M's is dropping like a rock. They lost almost 10% of their enrollment from last year to this year and are looking to do the same again next year. I don't know if it will be enough to drop to 1A for football, but the rest of the sports wouldn't surprise me.

I agree, it's going to be interesting where everybody ends up when they try to get rankings split up and keep the same boys and girls teams together. Like you said it's a numbers game...going to be some good teams not make it based on luck of the draw like there always are. Good luck to CMB the rest of the year...it's been fun to watch them run a couple times this year, very good team! SV heads north and west the remainder of the year.

Thanks. Good luck to you guys too.

BTW, How's the girl doing that collapsed at Saydel?

There are very few teams in SW Iowa, and having the district on the western border is going to mean LONG travel. Same with the district in NW Iowa. In order to get approximately 14 teams into those district meets, they will definitely need to come all the way over to around the Des Moines area. The problem is that Dike is the closest district for about 20-25 teams...... but, they can't all go there.

She's doing great, was back practicing two days later. She is only a freshman and after that has decided to push the two seniors on the team, she kept up with them until about 800 left Monday and ended up 13th. Someone said she dropped 30 seconds on her PR at Nevada.

Reactions: SSG T
Newman finished ahead of Starmont at Jesup on Tuesday, right behind Central Elkader and North Linn. Newman has also beaten Mason City, who I believe have beaten both St. Eds and Emmetsburg. And West Fork hasn't lost yet to Newman, so those two should be higher. Both top 5 or 6 for sure.

CMB beat W Marshall, E Marshall and S Hardin today at S Hardin. They put 4 in the top 15.

[QUOTE="Steady_Sport-Health, post: 105047, member: 12009"
4A
1. Urbandale
2. IC West
3. Johnston
4. Waukee
5. Pleasant Valley
6. Ankeny Centennial
7. Ames
8. Bettendorf
9. Linn-Mar
10. Dowling
11. Muscatine
12. IC High[/QUOTE]

I'd be interested in your reasoning for the 4A rankings. They are quite a bit different from what is shown on the IATC website. Personally, I have Waukee #7 and Bettendorf #5, with minor changes for some others.

CMB finished 2nd to Gilbert tonight at Jewell. Finished ahead of W Marshall, E Marshall, Panorama. Put 4 in the top 15, 8/10/11/14.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT