ADVERTISEMENT

Which bracket would you want to be in to make the dome?

Sep 17, 2019
Bold is the one I am taking

Audubon #1
Harris-Lake Park
CAM
Lamoni

Turkey Valley #2
Rockford
HLV
Midland

St. Mary's #3
East Mills
Coon Rapids
Fremont-Mills

Don Bosco #4
New London
Easton Valley
Gladbrock-Reinbeck

Reactions: Updike81
Either of the brackets on the East side. In my opinion the St. Mary's and Audubon's brackets are more competitive than Don Bosco's and Turkey Valley's. All 4 brackets saw some blow outs and a close game here and there. Either way the top 4 teams will be in the Dome, Audubon vs St. Mary's and Turkey Valley vs Don Bosco. Outside shot that CAM could beat Audubon, it's damn hard to beat someone twice and CAM played them pretty tough week 9,

RSM, FM game could be a little more interesting as it appears that Harpenau went out with some sort of injury in their game. Haven't heard what or the severity. Would turn it into a more 1-dimensional type game for RSM and play to FM's strengths. However, I do still think RSM finds a way to win regardless.

FM is pretty beat up after the game vs CR-B. Their RB Malcom tweaked his knee in the 1st quarter, played a few snaps after but did not play the 2nd half. Additionally it was an absolute war zone up front, both teams working to ground and pound between the TE's and beating each other up pretty bad. I think this will be St. Mary's by at least 2 scores.

I would not want to be in Don Bosco or Turkey Valley's bracket. I think they are the best two teams in the state. Eastern Iowa football has usually dominated at the dome. If they don't have to play each other at the dome then they would both make the finals.

I would not want to be in Don Bosco or Turkey Valley's bracket. I think they are the best two teams in the state. Eastern Iowa football has usually dominated at the dome. If they don't have to play each other at the dome then they would both make the finals.
It would be nice to see the state match up east vs west team in the semi-finals

It would be nice to see the state match up east vs west team in the semi-finals

not a fan of strictly geographical pairs for the semis. On a neutral field, I’m glad they reseed by RPI for the semis, so the two best remaining teams get the opportunity to meet in the finals.

not a fan of strictly geographical pairs for the semis. On a neutral field, I’m glad they reseed by RPI for the semis, so the two best remaining teams get the opportunity to meet in the finals.
I am just not a fan of High School RPI... these age groups change so much every year to justify one division/section/schedule over another. In the college ranks it makes sense to me, but not in high school. A perfect example is the teams that get blown out in the first round... other teams that might have played a so-called good team in the season that did make the playoff stayed close or played a better game than what was shown in the first round due to RPI seating. RPI is no justification other than the two 4 teams in the state and some would argue only the two have an actual justification for being 1 and 2

Reactions: bigwig055
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT