ADVERTISEMENT

What grows on a wind farm?

BamaFan1137

All District
Nov 5, 2001
Debt cows.

BTW, I found this article on my NewsBreak app. I tried to Google it...to no avail. Several pages in and all I had were pro wind farm articles. Mindless platitudes and articles about our feels.

Using the EXACT SAME search criteria, this article was the first one to pop up on duckduckgo. How is that possible?...unless people like BG are purposely being duped.

Debt cows.

BTW, I found this article on my NewsBreak app. I tried to Google it...to no avail. Several pages in and all I had were pro wind farm articles. Mindless platitudes and articles about our feels.

Using the EXACT SAME search criteria, this article was the first one to pop up on duckduckgo. How is that possible?...unless people like BG are purposely being duped.
I’m happy that I have raised awareness of wind energy.... soooo deep in your head. I’ll try to provivide you some more reliable links on Australian wind farms.

They are so unreliable that they are planning another 2 even two larger wind farms.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
They are so unreliable that they are planning another 2 even two larger wind farms.

And that makes perfect sense because that’s EXACTLY what government does best (and shouldn’t be doing at all) picking the winners and losers, while pissing the people’s money away.

There's one line in the OP's story that pretty much sums up wind energy.

"Or, of course, we could back up 99% of the entire grid with fossil fuels (and some Hydro), which we do. But then the wind farms are completely superfluous, except to make the Greens feel good, and the Renewables Industry rich."

The article I link states that they have invested $20bn so far...so why would anyone be surprised that they are spending more?

The point you're avoiding is their effectiveness. Read the article, look at the charts...the data is there. It's not working and they pay more for less reliable energy. That's freaking brilliant.

In fact it's less efficient and reliable than an 80 year old coal plant that hasn't been properly maintained in over 20 years. Holy shit, right???

There's one line in the OP's story that pretty much sums up wind energy.

"Or, of course, we could back up 99% of the entire grid with fossil fuels (and some Hydro), which we do. But then the wind farms are completely superfluous, except to make the Greens feel good, and the Renewables Industry rich."

/debate

If it worked and it was competitively priced, who in their right mind would be against it?

/debate

If it worked and it was competitively priced, who in their right mind would be against it?
In all seriousness , as much as I love trolling the Trumpsters here about renewables - I’d really like to see a lot more small nuclear power plants ( SMR) get approved. I think recent advances in intrinsic safety and scaling down size ( cost) makes it the most logical source of future supply for the grid. They work great for aircraft carries and subs.
I think it will happen but not fast enough.

In all seriousness , as much as I love trolling the Trumpsters here about renewables - I’d really like to see a lot more small nuclear power plants ( SMR) get approved. I think recent advances in intrinsic safety and scaling down size ( cost) makes it the most logical source of future supply for the grid. They work great for aircraft carries and subs.
I think it will happen but not fast enough.

I concur, but Toshiba/Westinghouse schit the bed so badly in South Carolina, it’s going to take even longer to get there

Reactions: BamaFan1137
Debt cows.

Shrubbery around the fences around windmills. In West Texas it’s mesquite.

The article I link states that they have invested $20bn so far...so why would anyone be surprised that they are spending more?

The point you're avoiding is their effectiveness. Read the article, look at the charts...the data is there. It's not working and they pay more for less reliable energy. That's freaking brilliant.

In fact it's less efficient and reliable than an 80 year old coal plant that hasn't been properly maintained in over 20 years. Holy shit, right??
In fact some of the top weather scientist in the world say there has not nearly enough CO2 been added to the atmosphere to cause the temperature increase in the last century. There has to be something else causing it. They think it is the increase in water vapor in the atmosphere.

You know all kind of weird things come out of Europe Meetings.About 50 years ago there was a meeting on heart disease and corroded arteries. A paper of the problems in the United States, the country with the highest rate of the these problems, was presented. The big thing different in the US and the rest of the world was that the US diet contained an abnormal amount of animal fat compared to other countries. This was deemed the cause of the problem.

The fun began. Huge changes began in the American food scene. People went to vegetable oil. They abandoned butter and went to oleomargarine. Even McDonalds was forced to change their fry grease from beef lard to vegetable oil. It caused a big crisis in the dairy industry. Then about 40 years later they found the conclusion was wrong and the animal fat was better health wise. Food also tastes better fried in animal fat. Butter has returned. McDonald still fries in vegetable oil and their fried potato’s don’t taste as good and they are not as healthy as they used to be.

The same thing happened in breads. Everybody used to eat white bread. Then the rage for whole wheat and grained breads started. More nourishment was supposedly present (true) and it was supposedly less fattening than white bread. But the grained bread does have it the things that cause gut leakage which is a major problem in digesting foods. Grain breaks are filled with them. They have been refined out of white flour.

Oh, well. Call it bad science.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq
Reminds me of when they f’d up the popcorn in theaters when some Marxist clowns said coconut oil was bad for us….. and predictably, they were wrong.

I’m happy that I have raised awareness of wind energy.... soooo deep in your head. I’ll try to provivide you some more reliable links on Australian wind farms.

I'm probably going out on a limb here thinking that you are so into wind power that you hang your clothes out on a line to dry !

Debt cows.

Farts...

Reactions: dhetiger
Yes... I’ve seen it... it was a pun... have you ever watched Monte Python?
Tell me those withmesquite trees around them on I-10 east of Ft. Stockton were puns. I saw them. Not a Marty Python fan. Not a slap stick comedy guy.

Last edited:
Tell me those withmesquite trees around them on I-10 east of Ft. Stockton were puns. I saw them. Not a Marty Python fan. Not a slap stick comedy guy.

Marty was his less funny brother, he just came off as a bit of an ass most of the time.

Reactions: IrishPokerDog

If you could harness the energy from the hot air a libitard blows daily you could power a million homes for thousands of years.

In fact some of the top weather scientist in the world say there has not nearly enough CO2 been added to the atmosphere to cause the temperature increase in the last century. There has to be something else causing it. They think it is the increase in water vapor in the atmosphere.

You know all kind of weird things come out of Europe Meetings.About 50 years ago there was a meeting on heart disease and corroded arteries. A paper of the problems in the United States, the country with the highest rate of the these problems, was presented. The big thing different in the US and the rest of the world was that the US diet contained an abnormal amount of animal fat compared to other countries. This was deemed the cause of the problem.

The fun began. Huge changes began in the American food scene. People went to vegetable oil. They abandoned butter and went to oleomargarine. Even McDonalds was forced to change their fry grease from beef lard to vegetable oil. It caused a big crisis in the dairy industry. Then about 40 years later they found the conclusion was wrong and the animal fat was better health wise. Food also tastes better fried in animal fat. Butter has returned. McDonald still fries in vegetable oil and their fried potato’s don’t taste as good and they are not as healthy as they used to be.

The same thing happened in breads. Everybody used to eat white bread. Then the rage for whole wheat and grained breads started. More nourishment was supposedly present (true) and it was supposedly less fattening than white bread. But the grained bread does have it the things that cause gut leakage which is a major problem in digesting foods. Grain breaks are filled with them. They have been refined out of white flour.

Oh, well. Call it bad science.
It is absolutely water vapor. 👊

Reactions: Bill_D
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT