ADVERTISEMENT

West Hancock vs. Grundy Center- Championship Game

West Hancock by 28-35...Grundy while a good team, cannot hang with the size or speed that west Hancock provides.

I'm going to take West Hancock for obvious reasons but I can't predict a blowout. Grundy Center really impressed me against Saint Ansgar. I was a tad surprised with SA. Thought they'd be better but I think that had to do with GC's game plan defensively. I'll take WH 41-21.

What do you mean? Like they sat one out for a half or a game to keep them fresh?

More like pulled at the end of the third or at half when up so much earlier in the year/ I think they do a good job of sharing the carries, I was just surprised they were still getting carries up so much late in the semi-game risking injury. Didn't know if that's been their style all year, nothing wrong with it if so, just curious. Everyone has different opinions on it

More like pulled at the end of the third or at half when up so much earlier in the year/ I think they do a good job of sharing the carries, I was just surprised they were still getting carries up so much late in the semi-game risking injury. Didn't know if that's been their style all year, nothing wrong with it if so, just curious. Everyone has different opinions on it

I've watched every game this season. They rarely played in the fourth quarter of any game. My guess for the extra carries on Friday of last week was to keep the foot on the gas pedal since WC could pass the ball and score quickly.

Reactions: falconfanx3
Iron Doc, being old and decrepit, did not actually make it to any games this year.
Iron Doc is not near as tough and durable as his ancestors from the Old Country.
WHANCOCK is THE valid source for Beastly information.

I guess I'm the only one that sees this as a close game. The story line will be Grundy's defense vs WH offense. No team has scored more than 21 all year on Grundy, including SA who was averaging 54pts a game.
St Ansgar put up 21, MFL put up 20, all other opponents 14 or less all season. I see Grundy holding WH to 28 pt and scoring 14-20.

WH 28
Grundy 20

Although I would not be shocked if Grundy won this game 29-28. Also Grundy has to be a clear favorite to win the title next year. Many juniors starting on this team.

I guess I'm the only one that sees this as a close game. The story line will be Grundy's defense vs WH offense. No team has scored more than 21 all year on Grundy, including SA who was averaging 54pts a game.
St Ansgar put up 21, MFL put up 20, all other opponents 14 or less all season. I see Grundy holding WH to 28 pt and scoring 14-20.

WH 28
Grundy 20

Although I would not be shocked if Grundy won this game 29-28. Also Grundy has to be a clear favorite to win the title next year. Many juniors starting on this team.

I don't foresee a blowout either. I still think WH wins by a few touchdowns but GC and their defense will make it interesting and closer than many people think.

WH 28
Grundy 20

Disagree with grundy being Clear Favorites for next year.. But we'll start that chatter after this game

Iron Doc, being old and decrepit, did not actually make it to any games this year.
Iron Doc is not near as tough and durable as his ancestors from the Old Country.
WHANCOCK is THE valid source for Beastly information.

Iron Doc, age is but a number. Wisdom is the ultimate measure of ones youth and fortune, and for that You are thankful.

Disagree with grundy being Clear Favorites for next year.. But we'll start that chatter after this game

This page will go dead after tomorrow, who else do you think has as good or better chance of being the preseason #1 besides Grundy Center?

Looked like many of the playoff teams I looked at were senior dominated except for Grundy, but I didn't look at them all.

*Wapsie could make a deep run, they have lots of juniors and played Grundy close. South Winneshiek returns many of their weapons from a potent offense but their defense isn't good enough to win a title. I'm not as familiar with the teams out west. EdCo and Belmond Klemme should be solid playoff teams next year also as they both have lots of juniors, but Grundy has to be a clear favorite making another run to the title game with 75% junior starters.

Last edited:
This page will go dead after tomorrow, who else do you think has as good or better chance of being the preseason #1 besides Grundy Center?

Looked like many of the playoff teams I looked at were senior dominated except for Grundy, but I didn't look at them all.

*Wapsie could make a deep run, they have lots of juniors and played Grundy close. South Winneshiek returns many of their weapons from a potent offense but their defense isn't good enough to win a title. I'm not as familiar with the teams out west. EdCo and Belmond Klemme should be solid playoff teams next year also as they both have lots of juniors, but Grundy has to be a clear favorite making another run to the title game with 75% junior starters.

Will Grundy Center stay Class A next year? It is a re district year

I thought grim was a senior, it looks like he is a junior. so they could be co favorites. My pre season top 5 based on returning and history.

Grundy
saint albert
wapsie valey
hinton
north tama

My top 5 based of returning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT