ADVERTISEMENT

West Dubuque vs Solon - Championship game

Think 3A is a little bit down overall this year, but it just seems to be WD's year. Don't think Solon's D will be able to stop them. Miller will have to have a monster game for Solon to win

Solon appears to be the underdog in this one. But, with this being Coach Miller's son's final game, and maybe even his own final game if he decides to finish with his son...I could see Solon coming up with a special performance tonight.

I've seen enough WD seasons end in heartbreak the past 10 years to not believe that the Miller's will have a storybook ending in Solon. Even if WD has an extremely talented team yet again.

Western Dubuque 37, Solon 10 as the 3rd Q in waning moments. Dominant performance.

Final--Western Dubuque 37, Solon 17 as the Bobcats win their second state championship in football since 2001.

Last edited:
Western Dubuque was really good. Impressive performance. Would have made a nice story for Solon to win it this season, but WD was just too strong.
Saw Coons was injured. Hope that he is alright, he’s a really good football player.
Coach Miller has done a great job with the football program at Solon.
Congratulations to Western Dubuque.

Ah, that’s terrible. Coons is a great basketball player too. Believe he was going to a Dakota college for football. Hopefully he’ll be able to heal up and be ready to go for college.

solon had a good team, there are 2 or 3 other teams probably better or as good as solon...thks to the brackets....iowa screwed that up

I don't think he is wrong, in all honesty the quality of teams in 3A this year was probably Western Dubuque, then a group of 5 challenging to be the second best team in the state. I would say that Solon, SBL, Lewis Central, North Scott, Xavier are that group.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT