ADVERTISEMENT

Week 9 "additional games"

ISUChip

All American
May 29, 2001
I count 22 that have been entered so far in VarsityBound. Any others?

THURSDAY - 8-man
HLV at Central City
East Union at Melcher-Dallas
Garrigan at Riceville
Twin Cedars at Seymour
FD St. Edmond at Siouxland Christian
Central Elkader at West Central

THURSDAY - 11-man
West Fork at Central Springs
North Union at Manson Northwest Webster
Missouri Valley at MVAOCOU

FRIDAY - 8-man
Mormon Trail at Bedford
West Bend-Mallard at Boyer Valley
Collins-Maxwell at Clarksville
Grand View Christian at Colo-Nesco
Woodbine at Glidden-Ralston
River Valley at Griswold

FRIDAY - 11-man
Colfax-Mingo at Central Decatur (reported on Twitter, but not entered yet)
Belmond-Klemme at Lake Mills
Lawton-Bronson at MMCRU
Forest City at Okoboji
West Central Valley at Shenandoah
Akron-Westfield at Sibley-Ocheyedan
Clayton Ridge at Sumner-Fredericksburg
North Cedar at Tipton

Reactions: IGo42
Not to sound like a grouchy old man (which I am), but it really peeves me that Seymour forfeited weeks 7 and 8 and is playing this week. I know it is tough to get beat every week. I also know that sharing agreements are possible if you can't field a team. Picking and choosing your opponents just does not seem right to me.

Not to sound like a grouchy old man (which I am), but it really peeves me that Seymour forfeited weeks 7 and 8 and is playing this week. I know it is tough to get beat every week. I also know that sharing agreements are possible if you can't field a team.

They do have a sharing agreement. It just doesn't provide any significant numbers.

Not to sound like a grouchy old man (which I am), but it really peeves me that Seymour forfeited weeks 7 and 8 and is playing this week. I know it is tough to get beat every week. I also know that sharing agreements are possible if you can't field a team. Picking and choosing your opponents just does not seem right to me.

It is somewhat frustrating to see articles about a kid rushes for xxxx yards on the season, hitting certain milestones...
Which other teams don't have the same opportunity to do, because a team or two chose to forfeit and take a game (and those stats) away from their opponent.

Word on the street is that a bunch of Clayton Ridge kids quit this week. They are scheduled to play Sumner-Fredericksburg. I guess the seniors from CR didn't want a 9th game.....

It is somewhat frustrating to see articles about a kid rushes for xxxx yards on the season, hitting certain milestones...
Which other teams don't have the same opportunity to do, because a team or two chose to forfeit and take a game (and those stats) away from their opponent.
Not sure I’d be worried about running up stats on the Little Sisters of the Poor just for individual accolades. At least players will be healthy with less games on their bodies and in the one case the younger players still got to play vs L&M, not sure if a JV was played against Mis-Prairie.

Not sure I’d be worried about running up stats on the Little Sisters of the Poor just for individual accolades. At least players will be healthy with less games on their bodies and in the one case the younger players still got to play vs L&M, not sure if a JV was played against Mis-Prairie.

No, for sure. But, I see an article about a couple local players hitting 1,000 yards rushing in the regular season. A nice accomplishment. But, Regina's running back, who has had an awesome year, and just visited Iowa last weekend, sits at 935 yards rushing on the season because of two games missed to forfeit.
Not a big deal, but when those stats are used in a story to make a point, or for recruiting...they aren't really telling the whole story for some players and teams.

No, for sure. But, I see an article about a couple local players hitting 1,000 yards rushing in the regular season. A nice accomplishment. But, Regina's running back, who has had an awesome year, and just visited Iowa last weekend, sits at 935 yards rushing on the season because of two games missed to forfeit.
Not a big deal, but when those stats are used in a story to make a point, or for recruiting...they aren't really telling the whole story for some players and teams.
I know of two other backs that sit between 920 and 970 that also had a team forfeit to them. Tired of the forfeits, only going to get worse. Not sure what can be done, teams that get the forfeit don't want a forfeit, they want to play.

Reactions: Pinehawk
We met them on the visit last weekend. Nice family. He’s doing something right if he was there regardless of stats. Our RB is over 1,000 yards but had one less game, too, due to one of the same teams. Our JV back had 300+ in that hybrid game that our varsity back could have had, not to mention the other stats other players may have had; tackles, kicking etc. but it is what it is and playing that game does no one any good.

I guess my concern is not so much about an individual player's stats, but about the experience the team gets from playing together. There are only 8 games in the regular season. For a team to forfeit weeks 7 and 8 against quality opponents, then to play a weaker opponent in game 9 is pretty shady, IMO.

Depending on the college and position obviously, they’re going to look at size, athleticism, speed and character.

I count 22 that have been entered so far in VarsityBound. Any others?

THURSDAY - 8-man
HLV at Central City
East Union at Melcher-Dallas
Garrigan at Riceville
Twin Cedars at Seymour
FD St. Edmond at Siouxland Christian
Central Elkader at West Central

THURSDAY - 11-man
West Fork at Central Springs
North Union at Manson Northwest Webster
Missouri Valley at MVAOCOU

FRIDAY - 8-man
Mormon Trail at Bedford
West Bend-Mallard at Boyer Valley
Collins-Maxwell at Clarksville
Grand View Christian at Colo-Nesco
Woodbine at Glidden-Ralston
River Valley at Griswold

FRIDAY - 11-man
Colfax-Mingo at Central Decatur (reported on Twitter, but not entered yet)
Belmond-Klemme at Lake Mills
Lawton-Bronson at MMCRU
Forest City at Okoboji
West Central Valley at Shenandoah
Akron-Westfield at Sibley-Ocheyedan
Clayton Ridge at Sumner-Fredericksburg
North Cedar at Tipton
Really surprised at FD SE playing in the 8 man NIT. They are new to 8 man but have typically fielded competitive football teams, have a good level of athleticism, and coincidently just hit the 120 enrollment cap for 8 man.

Reactions: GOPANTHERS23
knoxville vs harlan, knoxville is so young... 7 sophs starting on offense, and 7 on defense, with one freashman...i did not think freshman could play on varsity?????

knoxville vs harlan, knoxville is so young... 7 sophs starting on offense, and 7 on defense, with one freashman...i did not think freshman could play on varsity?????
REALLY surprised Harlan missed the playoffs and is playing a week 9 "Extra Game". Things must be really tough in 3A.

65 yard interception return by a Regina lineman.
34-6 Regina. 1:05 to go 3rd quarter.

Nope, 3A-4A-5A are in the final week of the regular season
Oh....I realize that....and also realized that this thread was about the lower classes who were Not In Tournament and scheduling an "additional" game for week 9. Apparently at least 1 Harlan homer didn't pick that up.

I don't think it's a rule, maybe a team rule some places. You see plenty of Freshmen getting minutes in garbage time, don't see many start, but I'm sure it happens more than just Knoxville.

I don't think it's a rule, maybe a team rule some places. You see plenty of Freshmen getting minutes in garbage time, don't see many start, but I'm sure it happens more than just Knoxville.
interesting...i thought they could not play...but thinking about it., i have seen them play in baseball.....
harlan dominated knoxville, felt sorry for them actually...knoxville has no first downs, and had negative yardage for the game.....

Last edited:
They already have a sharing agreement with Mount Udell. I looked a few years ago and I think they (MU) had 3-4 kids willing to travel. Have to cross another school district to get there I think about 35 minutes one way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT