9 Waukon
10 Garner-Hayfield
11 PCM
12 Mid-Prairie
13 North Fayette Valley
14 Mt. Vernon
15 Southeast Valley
16 Tipton

I don't think either team is a top ten team but how do you have CMB ranked that much higher than PCM?

How can you have NFV fall so many spots? I understand they lost but Beckman was projected to finish in the top 2 in preseason polls. Also, NFV beat Waukon badly the week before.

Southeast Valley made the list??? How according to the ever so accurate bcmoore rankings??( ha ha )Could they be mentioned on this list?? According to that they are the 5th best team in by far the weakest district of 2A-8.. Yet 15 this week?? I guess you got me to respond!!

Love how everyone gets so riled up over rankings...relax people, everyone can prove their worth in the end. Beckman has to be rated ahead of NFV...but Waukon has to be rated above Beckman....but NFV has to be ranked above Waukon...yet Class 1A Clayton Ridge beat Beckman. Thanks Steady Sport for giving everyone something to talk about!

Thanks! Rankings are not easy to do and is a way to create conversation. I have no problem with disagreements and I know I may be off in some people's eyes but explain your thought process and reasoning why a team or "your " team should be in a different spot. To me a chunk of the rankings is what have you done just the past week to be in the upcoming rankings and then obviously what have you done for the whole season or up to that week's rankings. Can't solely base everything off a one game outcome because there could be various factors: injuries, one team played very well, one team played poorly and so forth. It keeps the season interesting, fans, players, and coaches aware of what is going on around the state and is good look at what to expect come the playoffs!

Southeast Valley made the list??? How according to the ever so accurate bcmoore rankings??( ha ha )Could they be mentioned on this list?? According to that they are the 5th best team in by far the weakest district of 2A-8.. Yet 15 this week?? I guess you got me to respond!!
because bcmoore ratings are a joke

Like I said I don't think either PCM or CMB are great teams but PCM beat them rather easily and yes I know CMB was missing a few players when they played. PCM did get beat badly by a good pella Christian team but that was also the first game of the season. I actually think they both are in the 15-20 range and I'm just wondering your reason for ranking CMB so much higher than PCM. I do appreciate the rankings and the work you do.

CMB has good skilled position players that returned from last year and started the year pretty high, which could be and was disagreed with. So when they lost I believe they were at #2 at the time, they dropped but have won since and with other teams losing have worked their way back up some. If PCM continues to win they could also find themselves moving up. I just don't always agree with if a team beats another team that they should automatically be ahead of that team. In one game situations, there can be lots of variables. Hope that helps and thanks for the question!

CMB will be in very very deep this Friday. Even full handed they would struggle to hang with ALbia. Friday night the Raiders will be without 8 starters on defense and 6 starters on offense. These include their starting RB, QB, top WR and 3 LB's. These are due to both injuries and suspensions. It is too bad because Friday night could have been an exciting match up. Last years game at ALbia was one of the best games I have seen in the last few years.

That is a joke having Cherokee at number 8 right? Played one good team and got absolutely steam rolled.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT