ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Matchups

How do the refs determine if a field goal is good? At the angle of the uprights (whatever that may be), or 90 degrees straight up from where they stand on each edge (even if looking straight up bisects an upright)?

What was that ref doing? Were they short a ref for the game?
I’ve never seen a ref run from one side of the upright to the other. He wasn’t in a good position to make an accurate call on that.
But, I can’t really tell if it was good from that video.

Reactions: MsideChief
Just watched it several times on a bigger screen. I think it was good. And, the kicker was run into as well.
The ref took his eyes off the ball to run across to the far upright. That cannot be proper ref procedure for a field goal.
I‘ve always seen two refs. One under each post.

Watch the team react. They had no doubt it was good and had the best angle to see it.

This is a poor video…If this video is the evidence then you can’t say with a definitive answer that it was good.
Go to westbranch.football and listen to the recap at 5:15 mark. They talk about it. They admit it was good and saw their own video of it.

Also, the refs admitted after the game they screwed up.

Nobody knows what would have happened afterwards if they called it correctly. However, that’s as objective of a call as there is in football, no judgement in it.

Reactions: Pinehawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT