ADVERTISEMENT

Week 5 Matchups

ISUChip

All American
May 29, 2001
Unbeaten Matchups (4)
1A-5 Regina (4-0) at Wilton (4-0)
1A-6 Sigourney-Keota (4-0) at Pella Christian (4-0)
8P-3 Turkey Valley (4-0) at Janesville (4-0)
8P-10 CAM (4-0) at Audubon (4-0)

Unbeaten vs. One-loss (9)
5A CR Kennedy (4-0) vs Dubuque Senior (3-1)
4A-4 Oskaloosa (4-0) at Clear Creek-Amana (3-1)
3A-1 Boyden-Hull/Rock Valley (4-0) vs Carroll (3-1)
2A-2 Southeast Valley (4-0) at Estherville-LC (3-1)
2A-3 Spirit Lake (4-0) at OABCIG (3-1)
A-2 North Butler (4-0) at Newman (3-1)
8P-4 Gladbrook-Reinbeck (4-0) at GMG (3-1)
8P-6 Waco (5-0) at New London (2-1)
8P-9 Lenox (4-0) at Stanton/Essex (3-1)

How good is Wilton?
Not trying to disrespect them in the least, but they had a 21-6 win over a Tipton team that has otherwise lost 44-0, 49-0 and 35-0 (albeit to 2A and 3A Teams.) Their other 3 wins were a narrow win over 2-2 NE Goose Lake, a 39-14 over so-so A Highland and a comeback 2 pt win over rival Durant last week. I think it shows they can muster some defense, but when you look at the offense, it looks awfully single-threaded around a dual threat QB. I think they will be the #4 team in the district into Playoffs.

Not trying to disrespect them in the least, but they had a 21-6 win over a Tipton team that has otherwise lost 44-0, 49-0 and 35-0 (albeit to 2A and 3A Teams.) Their other 3 wins were a narrow win over 2-2 NE Goose Lake, a 39-14 over so-so A Highland and a comeback 2 pt win over rival Durant last week. I think it shows they can muster some defense, but when you look at the offense, it looks awfully single-threaded around a dual threat QB. I think they will be the #4 team in the district into Playoffs.
Tipton’s 35-0 loss was to 1A Mediapolis. It was 35-0 at half.

Reactions: rc1963
I would say Regina will win the matchup this week since they have been playing pretty well and Wilton is not yet a proven team. What does the SK vs PC matchup look like?
Stop the run and you stop SK. PC is a little more balanced but they are not proven yet. Could be an interesting game.

Reactions: rc1963
How good is Wilton?

They are a wolf in sheep's clothing who has had a breezy scheduled thus far. Hey, 4-0 is nothing to sneeze at considering they were 2-6 a year ago with wins against Class A Highland and 1-6 NE-GL who's only win was against a horrendous North Cedar squad.

Additionally, Wilton will be without WR/DE Caden Kirkman (their best athlete). He suffered a concussion last week. Wish him a speedy recovery!

Regina will win by 40.
West Branch (3-1) @ Mediapolis (3-1). Hoping to rebound for Homecoming.

Mepo by 21+ . WB just doesn't have it this year. Isley may rush for 400 yards against them.

They are a wolf in sheep's clothing who has had a breezy scheduled thus far. Hey, 4-0 is nothing to sneeze at considering they were 2-6 a year ago with wins against Class A Highland and 1-6 NE-GL who's only win was against a horrendous North Cedar squad.

Additionally, Wilton will be without WR/DE Caden Kirkman (their best athlete). He suffered a concussion last week. Wish him a speedy recovery!

Regina will win by 40.

Mepo by 21+ . WB just doesn't have it this year. Isley may rush for 400 yards against them.
I didn't know that about Kirkman - definitely best wishes for a full and speedy return.

The only wildcard about the Mepo / WB matchup is that WB tends to get bettter through the season. They do adjust and learn, So, I'm going to predict this to be tighter - I'll say Mepo 34 WB 28

The other east side game of interest is S-K and PC. I'm going to pick PC 24-21

7-0 West Branch after first quarter. West Branch had wind first. Raining pretty good. One fumble apiece
harlan 35, saydel 0, beginnig of 2nd qt...what a mistmatch...harlan actually starting to put a couple of 2nd teamers in

1st qtr
Harlan Comm 28 - Saydel 0
2nd qtr 7:36 to go in 2nd
HCHS - 35 Saydel -0- their QB is out, maybe for the game?

Whole new off 2nd team in - and they score a
TD 56 yd run by Musich with 2:44 to go 2nd qtr score with 2nd team in is 50 - 0

Half time HCHS - 50 Saydel - 0
Harlan even had some Freshmen in the 2nd qtr, beings there was no Freshman game

what a mismatch...2 teams should not be on the same field....sydel seems to have hard time making a team, very few players....i switched to the glenwood vs hoover game

Going to have to review film. Refs just called a field goal no good. Looked plenty good from here. Coaches no happy. Refs looked confused.

North Butler beat Newman 41-13 tonight on homecoming for Newman. It's quite likely that both North Butler and West Hancock will go into the final week undefeated when they play each other. I may have to make the trip to watch that game if this is the case.

Regina takes down previously undefeated Wilton 35-7 on the road tonight.
Regals led 28-0 at the half and coasted in the 2nd half with the continuous clock.
Wilton with a last minute score against the reserves.

Regina will win by 40.

Mepo by 21+ tonight huh? 400 yards rushing huh…..Guess someone looks pretty silly right now. WB offense might be a work in progress all year, but their defense is pretty darn good. But haters keep on hating.

Mepo by 21+ tonight huh? 400 yards rushing huh…..Guess someone looks pretty silly right now. WB offense might be a work in progress all year, but their defense is pretty darn good. But haters keep on hating.
My guess is he was slow playing it a bit.

A little help from the zebras. First field goal was clearly good. Video confirmed.

Reactions: Pinehawk
Not sure which one he’s more mad about. The make calked a miss or actual miss.
He’s a great kicker. Here’s a great chance for him to just learn how to overcome a tough night and move forward.
He’s got a lot more, and bigger, field goals in his future I think.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT