ADVERTISEMENT

Week 3 top 10 1A rankings

Anonymous111

Freshman
Jun 27, 2018
These are MY rankings based off what I’ve seen, stats, and BCmoore to a certain degree.

1. Remsen St Mary’s
With now 4 of 5 starters back and soon to be 5 of 5 this team is looking to poised to make it back to the well. Don’t be surprised tho if they do drop 2 games to West Sioux

2. Montezuma
Once again took care of business. This team will be 21-0 by seasons end. Trey shrerear playing extremely well and looking like player of the year in 1A if they make a deep run in the wells

3. Algona Garrigan
Had a 7 point win over a top 5 lake mills team. Only lost by 2 to a top 10 3A school and archrival so cant knock them to much for that

4. Lake Mills
Lost by 7 to Algona Garrigan. They were without there 3rd best player the entire game but garrigan 2nd best player got hurt very early in game as well. Without a doubt one of the most talented teams in the state when healthy

5. Easton Valley
Dominating teams in there area. This team will be 21-0 at the end of the season. Problem here is they play poor competition so hard for them to move past this without any real signature wins

6. South O’Brien
This team does have two losses already, but they were to top 5 2A team west Sioux and number 1 Remsen. They will bounce back and win a ton of games

7. Madrid
Right now a team being slept on. Ranked 1 in BCmoore and have won comfortably in a few games and beat a very good Fonda team

8. Martensdale
After a early season loss to a very good team they’ve really bounced back. Led by star play this team can beat anyone any given night. Role players are not the best but stars usually shine brightest when it matters most

9. WaCo
Like Easton valley, this team will be 21-0 most likely by seasons end, but they do not play any decent teams really. Without a signature win, I can’t push them higher then this in the rankings unless the upper teams lose. They have been playing much better and are starting to look like a top 5 team talent wise

10. West Fork
After a signature win over clear lake, this team has struggled a bit. Only beat Newman by 10 when Garrigan and Osage (a top 10 2A team) beat them by 50. Still undefeated but I can’t see a scenario where they don’t lose more then 3-4 games this season

Great list and appreciate your summary.

Here are three teams that are off to good starts that will be a wait and see.

AHSTW
Burlington Notre Dame
Don Bosco

Reactions: Anonymous500
I’ve watched CBSA play this year and I’m going to tell you guys that they will be in the mix again this year. Obviously it is hard for them to be included in the rankings with their poor record but they will be solid once again. Was down 3 at halftime to the #2 team in Nebraska Class B with Omaha Roncalli. They also nearly pulled off a comeback against 4A Lewis Central but fell short and lost by 6.

I’ve watched CBSA play this year and I’m going to tell you guys that they will be in the mix again this year. Obviously it is hard for them to be included in the rankings with their poor record but they will be solid once again. Was down 3 at halftime to the #2 team in Nebraska Class B with Omaha Roncalli. They also nearly pulled off a comeback against 4A Lewis Central but fell short and lost by 6.
Totally agree. Right now I have them at 12th right behind Don Bosco. They are a perennial top 10 team and i usually have them in my top 10 at end of season if they finish with 13+ wins in that tough conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT