WB/Regina

Who will have the better 2019 season?

• West Branch

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Regina

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmmm, should I believe someone who hasn’t sent kids through a school system and just can’t figure out why another school beats his team consistently and can only come up with rationalizations and excuses or someone who sent their kids through the school system, knows how students are admitted and knows why one team beats another consistently and doesn’t make excuses when they lose....... I know which one I pick.
You’re losing it, this is so incoherent!!! Just go to the A forum &

64 kids at a CLASS A school.

That's ridiculous.

The majority of class 1A, and even 2A, are less than that.
Hearing rumors around the state already that our catholic friends are already lobbying in trying to convince the state to start yet another class. They hope to drop down to “B” next year. All the while, breaking ground on a second indoor facility. If the virus lifts, all confession sales go direct to that very cause.

Hearing rumors around the state already that our catholic friends are already lobbying in trying to convince the state to start yet another class. They hope to drop down to “B” next year. All the while, breaking ground on a second indoor facility. If the virus lifts, all confession sales go direct to that very cause.

Never would associate anything associated with “B”. Not in grades, not in anything. You realize it has been 41 years since they had a student even get a “B” as a grade? Nothing second class like a B. Need a new name for the new class to be created. Maybe 10A? A perfect 10? Probably only way to go.

Wow, look at West Branch Coach Butch Pedersen throw his players under the bus after last nights loss. Classy.

“It’s called tackling,” West Branch Coach Butch Pedersen said after the Class 1A fifth-ranked Bears were upended by 2A No. 7 West Liberty, 20-7, in a prep football game Friday night at Memorial Field.

“We didn’t tackle very well at all. We put kids in position to make plays and they didn’t make them. And so we will have to go see on practice on Monday. Who has some courage? Who wants to hit people? And right now, we need to find some people like that. That wasn’t a West Branch defense that we usually have.”

“We are just not a physical team right now,” Pedersen said. “And until we become physical, we are going to have some problems. On both sides of the ball. … Some of it is experience and some of it is just a matter of, ‘What do you have in your heart?’ I mean, ‘Do you like to stick or do you like to not stick?’ And we have some kids, unfortunately, right now who don’t like contact. And we are going to get them to like contact.”

https://yourprepsports.com/2020/09/...ranked-west-liberty-past-1a-no-5-west-branch/

He insulted his team as lacking heart and toughness. While excusing the coaching staff and placing the blame on the kids.
Not a great look.

• Haha
Reactions: MVPFAN
What criteria did you use to determine that?
Well that's a random question....so here's a random response!

giphy.gif

Wow, look at West Branch Coach Butch Pedersen throw his players under the bus after last nights loss. Classy.

“It’s called tackling,” West Branch Coach Butch Pedersen said after the Class 1A fifth-ranked Bears were upended by 2A No. 7 West Liberty, 20-7, in a prep football game Friday night at Memorial Field.

“We didn’t tackle very well at all. We put kids in position to make plays and they didn’t make them. And so we will have to go see on practice on Monday. Who has some courage? Who wants to hit people? And right now, we need to find some people like that. That wasn’t a West Branch defense that we usually have.”

“We are just not a physical team right now,” Pedersen said. “And until we become physical, we are going to have some problems. On both sides of the ball. … Some of it is experience and some of it is just a matter of, ‘What do you have in your heart?’ I mean, ‘Do you like to stick or do you like to not stick?’ And we have some kids, unfortunately, right now who don’t like contact. And we are going to get them to like contact.”

https://yourprepsports.com/2020/09/...ranked-west-liberty-past-1a-no-5-west-branch/

Nothing wrong with the quote at all. Pretty sure I’ve read this quote many times from head football coaches after a loss. Funny when a Regina Supporter has so much hate for WB they will try to spin anything into hate and an agenda. Grow up dude your the exact reason why this message board is toxic. Always looking for a fight.

Nothing wrong with the quote at all. Pretty sure I’ve read this quote many times from head football coaches after a loss. Funny when a Regina Supporter has so much hate for WB they will try to spin anything into hate and an agenda. Grow up dude your the exact reason why this message board is toxic. Always looking for a fight.

No, coaches typically do not blame their players and question their heart.
This is a WB/Regina thread. Discussion of these two teams is what this thread is about. Nobody is making you get involved.

This is a WB/Regina thread. Discussion of these two teams is what this thread is about. Nobody is making you get involved.
I would like your "sad face" reactions to my posts if I could............. ;)

lol ok big guy, thanks for keeping the stereotype of Regina alive and kicking. I’m actually a former WB alum and have come to think highly of kids I played against who went to Regina. Couple of them are close friends. They read this thread and laugh at you and know who you are....

No need to be so emotional about it. It’s a fun rivalry that both teams get involved with.
Take a look at this board. It’s about the only thing that draws any discussion.

No need to be so emotional about it. It’s a fun rivalry that both teams get involved with.

Agreed it’s a Rivalry and draws a lot of discussion. But you trying to start a personal attack of a coach who would lay down his life for those kids. Can guarantee most of his players speak highly of their time playing WB football and the life lessons they learned. Made them better men. Your hate for WB doesn’t allow you to see through

You can criticize a coach when he deserves it. As he does in this case. Without making a judgement or statement about his overall career.
So sensitive and defensive.

Nothing wrong with this. A coach calling it how he sees it. Guy still coaches old school and don’t worry about hurting feelings, the way it should be still.

It's not my fault people got bored of having to be nice to each other and took their hatred to Twitter.............

Can we drop this "dominating class A teams" yet? Clearly they do not care who they play. Look at the first two weeks.

There isn't a team in their Class A district that would win a playoff game in a normal year. Perhaps not even make the playoffs. CJ and North Cedar are just plain bad. No team will/should stay within 35 points. The only chance is when the weather is bad, like this week.

There isn't a team in their Class A district that would win a playoff game in a normal year. Perhaps not even make the playoffs. CJ and North Cedar are just plain bad. No team will/should stay within 35 points. The only chance is when the weather is bad, like this week.
What's the point of this comment? Not bagging on it just curious. Regina didn't choose to be in this district, did they?

When Regina has a game cancelled due to Covid, they go find a 4A school and a ranked 3A school to play.
West Branch, on the other hand, works hard to find a 1-3 class A team.
Kind of tells you what you need to know right there.

Clear Lake is a 1-3 2A school

And while I agree with your statement, Maq Valley made the most sense of anyone looking for a game, although I am guessing that if Maq Valley would have known that North Tama would be looking for a game they may have wanted to schedule them instead.

Clear Lake is a 1-3 2A school

And while I agree with your statement, Maq Valley made the most sense of anyone looking for a game, although I am guessing that if Maq Valley would have known that North Tama would be looking for a game they may have wanted to schedule them instead.

Correct, sorry 2A.
Clear Lake was ranked #3 in Class 2A, and were coming off a 10-1 State appearance last year, when both teams agreed to the game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT