14​
Urbandale (6-3)
3​
WDM Dowling (8-1)
11​
WDM Valley (5-4)
6​
Sioux City East (7-2)

These are fun! I really do enjoy the speculation. You’ve got Prairie losing to Linn-Mar Week 9, apparently? I’m not sure about that, but it could happen.

RPI, to me, is always tricky to predict … I can never guess how much it might change in a week (and since each teams’ weekly RPI is based on the results of 60-some games, it’s hugely labor-intensive to game out).

Fun to look at. SEP and Ankeny in a quarter final would be interesting. Those are two really good teams with some bad blood.

Last edited:
I used BC Moore's projections to arrive at the season-ending records, then just basically did some guess work on RPI based on current standings (as you said, it's too difficult to run all the scenarios), and finally tried to balance out the seeds based on geography and even tried to avoid regular season rematches.

It seems clear that there is a separation between the top 5 teams and the rest of the field at this point. If PV and Kennedy both go 9-0 it will be very interesting to see the final seedings.

Kennedy has a good shot at 9-0, just like last year. Cedar Falls tonight, which isn't exactly an easy win, but Kennedy should take that. Then Davenport West next week (I know they're 5-0, but they've played nobody), 3-2 Johnston, and a bad Hempstead team to end the season.

Pleasant Valley should (should, I know, nothing's a given) roll Bettendorf tonight, then next week's trip to City High should determine if they go unbeaten. After that it's Dubuque Senior and Iowa City West, two good but not great teams (both teams got blown out in shutouts last week, Senior to Kennedy and West to City High).

Take today's numbers, apply the head-to-head switches and some assumptions due to geographic concerns...

If the season ended today:
1 Dowling vs 16 Urbandale
8 Kennedy vs 9 City High

4 SE Polk vs 14 SC East
5 Prairie vs 11 Waukee NW

3 Ankeny vs 15 Johnston
7 Centennial vs 10 Ames

2 Pleasant Valley vs 13 IC West
6 Davenport West vs 12 Cedar Falls

Updated playoffs. All records based on BC Moore projections.

AwayHome
16​
Johnston (5-4)
1​
WDM Dowling (8-1)
9​
Linn-Mar (6-3)
8​
Ankeny Centennial (6-3)
13​
Urbandale (6-3)
4​
Southeast Polk (8-1)
12​
WDM Valley (5-4)
5​
CR Kennedy (8-1)
15​
Davenport West (7-2)
2​
Pleasant Valley (9-0)
10​
CR Prairie (6-3)
7​
Iowa City High (6-3)
14​
Ames (6-3)
3​
Ankeny (8-1)
11​
Sioux City East (7-2)
6​
Cedar Falls (7-2)

Outside looking in: Iowa City West (5-4), Sioux City North (5-4), Ottumwa (5-4), Marshalltown (5-4), Waukee Northwest (4-5), DM North (4-5), Muscatine (4-5)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT